Date

Re: Support for Atmel SAMG55

Adam Podogrocki

Hi Michael,

I'm afraid it won't be as easy as using definition for SAMD51. I've compared memory mapping. It is enough to see that Internal Flash has different address, there is Internal ROM in G55. G55 has a single AHB-APB Brigde, wheres D51 has 4 Bridges. In D51 there are Serial Communication Interfaces (SERCOM) which can be configured in I2C, SPI, or USART mode. In G55 similar role is played by FLEXCOM, but memory addresses are different.

In short words it looks like G55 needs its own HAL files.

BR,
Adam

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 15:25, Michael Hope <michaelh@...> wrote:
Hi Adam.  I just so happen to be adding support for the Adafruit
ItsyBitsy M4 board ATM.  It's SAMD51 based which seems to be basically
the same as the SAMG55.

I've checked the UART, GPIO, SPI, and watchdog drivers so far.  I'm
adding a PWM and QSPI driver, and will check the USB driver.

You'll need to create your own board definition and to create the
device tree files.

-- Michael

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 14:32, Adam Podogrocki <a.podogrocki@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are there any activities ongoing to add support for SAMG55 MCU to Zephyr?
>
> Regards,
> Adam

Re: Support for Atmel SAMG55

Michael Hope

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 14:32, Adam Podogrocki <a.podogrocki@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

are there any activities ongoing to add support for SAMG55 MCU to Zephyr?

Regards,
Adam

Support for Atmel SAMG55

Adam Podogrocki

Hi,

are there any activities ongoing to add support for SAMG55 MCU to Zephyr?

Regards,
Adam

Re: USB Questions

Adam Podogrocki

Hi Anton,

regarding point 2 to use the USB device as a console, please add:

 CONFIG_UART_CONSOLE_ON_DEV_NAME="CDC_ACM"
 CONFIG_USB_UART_CONSOLE=y
 CONFIG_UART_LINE_CTRL=y

samples/subsys/usb/cdc_acm/src/main.c shows that binding is got for "CDC_ACM_0", so check both option at the best.

Regards,
Adam

On Sun, 24 May 2020 at 19:03, <antoker@...> wrote:

Hi,

I've been testing out Zephyr's USB connectivity options on FRDM-K22F and got some questions:

  1. samples/subsys/usb/console/ compiles and runs okay as long as the USB is connected. If usb is not connected the application will not run, this happens, as I can see it because of flag CONFIG_USB_UART_DTR_WAIT=y. My understanding was that if i compile the app with CONFIG_USB_UART_DTR_WAIT=n the application will run immediately, however after compiling and uploading it to target the USB CDC Serial is not being recognized by the host operating system. Is it all possible to have a console via USB without the DTR flag?
  2. Is it possible to have shell redirected to USB Serial? The documentation is kinda of cryptic regarding this.

BR

Anton

Re: Compile as much code as possible.

Paul Sokolovsky

On Sat, 30 May 2020 19:25:48 +0000
"Carles Cufi" <carles.cufi@nordicsemi.no> wrote:

Hi there,

No, there is not. In part because Zephyr requires a board to be
passed as a parameter to the build system, and the board determines
the basic set of Kconfig options. You could I guess create a board
that tries to enable everything (at least everything in an arch).
We for example have
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/tests/net/all/prj.conf ,
can extend such a practice to other subsystems (if they don't have it,
didn't look), and then to entire Zephyr. (Except that we have CI which
can't build 500 one-line changes, so would need to deal with that
first^W too).

Carles
[]