Date

Re: Environment variable value for ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT in Windows 10

Andy Ross

You want "ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT=zephyr".  The RISC-V devices all use the SDK toolchains by default.

On 6/10/2019 2:50 PM, Phatak, Sujit wrote:

Hello,

I am new to Zephyr RTOS and currently working on setting up build environment for the HiFive1_revb hardware. I am working on Windows 10 environment and would like to know what value should be set for the environment variable  ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT for the HiFive1_revB board. I am currently getting assertion error. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SP

Environment variable value for ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT in Windows 10

Phatak, Sujit <Sujit.Phatak@...>

Hello,

I am new to Zephyr RTOS and currently working on setting up build environment for the HiFive1_revb hardware. I am working on Windows 10 environment and would like to know what value should be set for the environment variable  ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT for the HiFive1_revB board. I am currently getting assertion error. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SP

FAT file system for iotdk: how to add SPI driver support? #driver #spi

ibarcovschi@...

Hi All,

I am working on a project for DesignWare(R) ARC(R) IoT Development Kit; iotdk in short.
I'd like to add FAT file system support. When I do "cmake -GNinja -DBOARD=iotdk .." it gives me an error:

CMake Error at ../../../cmake/extensions.cmake:359 (add_library):
  No SOURCES given to target: drivers__spi
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  ../../../cmake/extensions.cmake:336 (zephyr_library_named)
  ../../../drivers/spi/CMakeLists.txt:3 (zephyr_library)

The same happens if I try to build zephyr/samples/subsys/fs project.

What should I do in order to add iotdk board spi drivers?

DEV meeting topic

Puzdrowski, Andrzej <Andrzej.Puzdrowski@...>

HI all,

As you know, the Zephyr Dev-review meeting takes place on Thursday 9AM-10AM (PDT) (18h-19h (CEST)).

We want to cover topics related to the settings pattern load PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/16609/

  • change way how the setting keys are processed
  • on demand key loading

We want to be sure that direction in which we want enhance settings will fit for the needs and can be accepted by the majority.

  • Online conference link: https://zoom.us/j/993312203
  • Online conference phone (Meeting ID: 931 469 725):
    • US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or
    • +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)

Thanks,

Andrzej

Re: #ble #nrf52840 Setting LE Coded PHY #ble #nrf52840

Chettimada, Vinayak Kariappa <vinayak.kariappa.chettimada@...>

Not supported yet. And, there has been no deadline set or plan in progress towards its completion, yet.
Best said, it will be supported when there is a strong requirement and resources assigned (or there is a community contribution) or as a dependency to other features that may be planned into the roadmap.

That said, there is very experimental initial work of having non-connectable non-scannable advertising implementation that can be tested in the shell application using advx and scanx commands. This may be broken, as I have not tested it for a long time. At present, the implementation may only be there as an inspiration to pick it up and continue the implementation towards a full feature support. Efforts may range upto 6 man months (finger in the air).

-Vinayak

De : users@... <users@...> De la part de
via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org Envoyé : mardi 4 juin 2019 15:30 À :
a.feil@...; users@... Cc :
users@... Objet : Re: [Zephyr-users] #ble #nrf52840 Setting
LE Coded PHY

Well, I can compile and run the zephyr samples (e. g. peripheral_hr
and central_hr). They are using longe range. I am now wondering how I can
set which phy (S=8 or S=2) should be used (for advertising and connection).

Long range is not supported in advertising (Extended Advertising feature is not
supported), hence long range connection too cannot be established. After
legacy connection is established Bluetooth Host performs a PHY update
procedure to achieve a preferred 2M PHY connection (by default, behaviour if
peer supports 2M). This code is internal in hci_core.c, you may change the
preferred PHY to S8 or S2 instead for experimentation (only). Feel free to revert
back if you face issues.

- Vinayak

Re: #ble #nrf52840 Setting LE Coded PHY #ble #nrf52840

Giuliano Franchetto

[...]

a.feil@...

Hello,
I am new to Zephyr. I tried some samples with the nordic sdk and was able to use Nordic UART Services (NUS) as central and peripheral with coded phy (S=8). With nordic (S=2) is not possible. So I try to achieve the same behaviour with Zephyr.

Well, I can compile and run the zephyr samples (e. g. peripheral_hr and central_hr). They are using longe range. I am now wondering how I can set which phy (S=8 or S=2) should be used (for advertising and connection).

Thanks,
Andreas

Re: Zephyr compatible motes for 802.15.4

Nikos Karamolegkos

Also, these module do not support hardware acceleration. Is there any module with this functionality.

Agenda:

- Flash: write protection and read alignment unification
- GPIO: Proposal review

[Mbedtls][logging] Mbedtls not printing logs

Prabhu Vinod, Karthik

Hi,

I am unable to get the Mbedtls log working.  I don’t see any logs from mbedtls being printed.

These are my KConfig options or mbedtls:

#

# Cryptography

#

# CONFIG_TINYCRYPT is not set

CONFIG_MBEDTLS=y

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_BUILTIN=y

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_LIBRARY is not set

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CFG_FILE="config-tls-generic.h"

#

# TLS configuration

#

#

# Supported TLS version

#

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_TLS_VERSION_1_0 is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_TLS_VERSION_1_1 is not set

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_TLS_VERSION_1_2=y

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_DTLS is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_SSL_EXPORT_KEYS is not set

#

# Ciphersuite configuration

#

#

# Supported key exchange modes

#

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_ALL_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_PSK_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_DHE_PSK_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_ECDHE_PSK_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_RSA_PSK_ENABLED is not set

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_RSA_ENABLED=y

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_DHE_RSA_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_ECDHE_RSA_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_ECDHE_ECDSA_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_ECDH_ECDSA_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_ECDH_RSA_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_ECJPAKE_ENABLED is not set

#

# Supported cipher modes

#

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CIPHER_ALL_ENABLED is not set

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CIPHER_AES_ENABLED=y

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_AES_ROM_TABLES=y

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CIPHER_CAMELLIA_ENABLED is not set

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CIPHER_DES_ENABLED=y

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CIPHER_ARC4_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CIPHER_CHACHA20_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CIPHER_BLOWFISH_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CIPHER_CCM_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CIPHER_MODE_XTS_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CIPHER_MODE_GCM_ENABLED is not set

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CIPHER_CBC_ENABLED=y

#

# Supported message authentication methods

#

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_MAC_ALL_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_MAC_MD4_ENABLED is not set

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_MAC_MD5_ENABLED=y

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_MAC_SHA1_ENABLED=y

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_MAC_SHA256_ENABLED=y

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_SHA256_SMALLER=y

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_MAC_SHA512_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_MAC_POLY1305_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_MAC_CMAC_ENABLED is not set

#

# Random number generators

#

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CTR_DRBG_ENABLED=y

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_HMAC_DRBG_ENABLED is not set

#

# Other configurations

#

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_GENPRIME_ENABLED is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_PEM_CERTIFICATE_FORMAT is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_HAVE_ASM is not set

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_ENTROPY_ENABLED is not set

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_USER_CONFIG_ENABLE=y

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_USER_CONFIG_FILE="config-mini-tls1_2-gcm-aes512.h"

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_SSL_MAX_CONTENT_LEN=5000

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_DEBUG=y

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_DEBUG_LEVEL=4

# CONFIG_MBEDTLS_TEST is not set

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_ENABLE_HEAP=y

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_HEAP_SIZE=53248

CONFIG_APP_LINK_WITH_MBEDTLS=y

Like you can see mbedtls_debug has been set to y and with log level to verbose. Any idea what’s wrong or missing.

Many Regards,

Karthik Prabhu Vinod

Help save the planet by choosing not to use single use plastics. Pick paper, bamboo or metal cutlery and carry your own bag to the grocery store. Every little thing you do makes an impact.

"net arp" command displays "ARP cache is empty" even after a series of arpings from peer devices #nrf52480

giriprasad@...

Hi,

I have interfaced "ENC28J60" to "PCA10056"(NRF52840) through SPI. Made necessary configurations in order to reflect hardware changes in software. Flashed sample application, "dumb_http_server" to the board. Enabled "ARP" and "ICMP". I am able to ping the board from peer devices in network and vice versa. Also, I am able to "arping" the board from peer devices in network. After this, I have issued "net arp" command in the serial console of the board. By this, I am expecting a list of peer devices to be displayed on the console. But console throws a message saying "ARP cache is empty". Can I know the reason for this behavior? Please let me know, if I was wrong in the process. Also, let me know if more information is needed. Attached configuration file for reference.

Thanks & Regards,
Giri Prasad N.

Re: Runner pyocd cannot find 'intelhex' while running ninja flash - is there a Python environment vaiable I am missing ?

Maureen Helm

Hi Bob,

The ‘intelhex’ error looks like you’re missing a python package, but even if you get that resolved you unfortunately cannot use pyocd in the Windows 10 Linux subsystem. WSL has limited support for USB. I recommend using the native Windows command prompt or a Linux VM.

Maureen

From: <users@...> on behalf of "bobwilmes@..." <bobwilmes@...>
Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2019 at 20:15
To: "users@..." <users@...>
Subject: [Zephyr-users] C Compiler "/opt/zephyr-sdk/arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/arm-zephyr-eabi-gcc" does not compile

I am new to Zephyr trying to build some of the sample programs for a bbc_microbit.
I get the following error message from the compiler (I installed the 0.10 level of the Zephyr SDK on Windows 10 subsystem for Linux running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS).
It looks like the compiler that comers with the SDK is not working.
Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

bobwilmes@WILMES:~/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build$ cmake -GNinja -DBOARD=bbc_microbit ..
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:5 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    /cmake/app/boilerplate.cmake

-- Check for working C compiler: /opt/zephyr-sdk/arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/arm-zephyr-eabi-gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /opt/zephyr-sdk/arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/arm-zephyr-eabi-gcc -- broken
CMake Error at /home/bobwilmes/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cmake/data/share/cmake-3.13/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:52 (message):
  The C compiler

    "/opt/zephyr-sdk/arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/arm-zephyr-eabi-gcc"

  is not able to compile a simple test program.

  It fails with the following output:

    Change Dir: /home/bobwilmes/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

    Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/ninja" "cmTC_37158"
    [1/2] Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_37158.dir/testCCompiler.c.o
    [2/2] Linking C executable cmTC_37158
    FAILED: cmTC_37158
    : && /opt/zephyr-sdk/arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/arm-zephyr-eabi-gcc    CMakeFiles/cmTC_37158.dir/testCCompiler.c.o  -o cmTC_37158   && :
    /opt/zephyr-sdk/arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-zephyr-eabi/8.3.0/../../../../arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/ld: /opt/zephyr-sdk/arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-zephyr-eabi/8.3.0/../../../../arm-zephyr-eabi/lib/libc.a(lib_a-exit.o): in function `exit':
    /home/buildslave/src/github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/sdk-ng/build/build_arm/.build/arm-zephyr-eabi/src/newlib/newlib/libc/stdlib/exit.c:64: undefined reference to `_exit'

  CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:6 (project)

See also "/home/bobwilmes/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/bobwilmes/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
bobwilmes@WILMES:~/zephyrproject/zephyr/samples/hello_world/build$ -

--
Bob Wilmes
bobwilmes@...

Galileo pinmux issue

andreibolkonski1814@...

As I was testing Zephyr on Galileo, I noticed that pinumx functionalities that use pwm for multiplexing are not working. A small modification in pinmux.c(https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/boards/x86/galileo/pinmux.c), consisting in changing the pulse_count parameter of pwm_pin_set_cycles from 100 to 4095 seems to have solved the problem. This change was suggested by the commentaries in the pwm driver.
Is this a good solution?

Re: C Compiler "/opt/zephyr-sdk/arm-zephyr-eabi/bin/arm-zephyr-eabi-gcc" does not compile

Marc Herbert

From: <users@...> on behalf of "bobwilmes@..." <bobwilmes@...>
Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2019 at 20:15
To: "users@..." <users@...>

[...]

Re: fail to install python dependencies

KAY LI NG <kayli0109@...>

Hi Carles,

I tried google method as well. Including update the setup tools, change python version.
But it doesnt work.

Regards,
Kay Li

On Tue, 28 May 2019 at 21:26, Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...> wrote:

Googling a bit this shows that it might be related to an out of date setuptools.

Try running:

pip install --upgrade setuptools