Date

Re: [devel] Zephyr SDK 0.9 released

On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:47:22 +0000
"Nashif, Anas" <anas.nashif@...> wrote:

Hi,

Zephyr SDK 0.9 is released and available for download.

Release notes:

https://www.zephyrproject.org/content/zephyr-project-software-development-kit-sdk-09

Download:

https://www.zephyrproject.org/downloads/tools
Based on md5sum, that's the same file as had been announced a week
before. So, people who downloaded it may check their md5 and save some
traffic.

Writing to UART_B of D2000 with Zephyr

MIKHALEV, Vasily <vasily.mikhalev@...>

Dear community,

I am developing for D2000 with Zephyr and  I currently need to be able to write to the UART B and to monitor it.  However, I cannot manage to do it.

For writing to the UAR I am using the function  uart_poll_out(). For example.:

#include <zephyr.h>

#include <uart.h>

#include <device.h>

void main(void)

{

struct device *dev_b = device_get_binding("UART_1");

uart_poll_out(dev_b, 'b');

}

After flashing the program to D2000, I set the jumpers J9, J10, J11 in the CTS, TXD and N/C positions, open terminal on the virtual serial port, but it seems that there is no signal – nothing happens when I press the  “reset” button . With the same settings I am able to monitor UART B of D2000 with QMSI.  Also the same code works well for the UART A, e.g.:

void main(void)

{

      struct device *dev_a = device_get_binding("UART_0");

      uart_poll_out(dev_a, 'a');

}

Did anyone have the similar issues and was able to solve them?

I would really appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Vasily

Re: Writing to UART_B of D2000 with Zephyr

Felipe Neves

Hi Vasily! How are you doing?

some points that can help you:
- Did you check the pointer received to you dev_b variable after a call of device binding? is it null?
- Check the platform pin-mux to see if uart pins that goes to your pc match with the uart that you're trying to use;
- Also, in pinmux check if these pins are set to behave as uart function before you use/configure the uart;
- did you configured the uart connection parameteres? eg.: baud rate, start/stop bit?

Feel free to ask any questions, I will be happy to help you :)

Best,

Felipe

[...]

Felipe S. Neves
Embedded software & systems engineer
Skype: fneves1989
+55 11 96610 – 0855

Re: Writing to UART_B of D2000 with Zephyr

MIKHALEV, Vasily <vasily.mikhalev@...>

Hi Felipe,

I am doing good. How are you?

Thank you very much for your help!

Did you check the pointer received to you dev_b variable after a call of device binding? is it null?

I’ve just checked it. Not it’s not null.

- Check the platform pin-mux to see if uart pins that goes to your pc match with the uart that you're trying to use;

- Also, in pinmux check if these pins are set to behave as uart function before you use/configure the uart;

Both seem to be correct. When I have a QMSI 1.1 project instead of Zephyr 1.4, I am able to see the messages on the UART B with exactly the same settings.

- did you configured the uart connection parameteres? eg.: baud rate, start/stop bit?

I am using the following configurations:

CONFIG_SERIAL=y

CONFIG_UART_INTERRUPT_DRIVEN=n

CONFIG_UART_QMSI_0=y

CONFIG_UART_QMSI_0_HW_FC=n

CONFIG_UART_QMSI_0_BAUDRATE=57600

#CONFIG_UART_QMSI_1=y

#CONFIG_UART_QMSI_1_HW_FC=n

#CONFIG_UART_QMSI_1_BAUDRATE=57600

Best,

Vasily

[...]

Intel Pattern Matching in Zephyr?

Carles Perello

Hi

Just wondering if anybody used the PM technology with zephyr.

There is code for the arduino IDE but I don't know how difficult would be to port it

regards

Re: Intel Pattern Matching in Zephyr?

Poussa, Sakari

Hi,

I have been trying to use it a bit. The open source code is here.

https://github.com/01org/Intel-Pattern-Matching-Technology

It is bit out of date but with a little bit tweaking you can get it to build. It should be easy to drop the Arduino parts since they are really not needed.

Sakari

On 2/17/17, 2:23 PM, "zephyr-users-bounces@... on behalf of Carles Perello" <zephyr-users-bounces@... on behalf of carles.perello@...> wrote:

Hi

Just wondering if anybody used the PM technology with zephyr.

There is code for the arduino IDE but I don't know how difficult would be to port it

regards

Re: Intel Pattern Matching in Zephyr?

Felipe Neves

Hey guys.

If this library is available to Arduino 101 and TinyTile (as shown in github), and all code base for it is referenced on Intel QMSI library, I think the PME engine is already supportend on QMSI, if so
should be easy to port to zephyr since the QMSI is already supported by the kernel, only needs to write a suitable device driver and put into zephyr's device model right?

Best,

Felipe

On 2/17/17, 2:23 PM, "zephyr-users-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of Carles Perello" <zephyr-users-bounces@lists.zephyrproject.org on behalf of carles.perello@...> wrote:

Hi

Just wondering if anybody used the PM technology with zephyr.

There is code for the arduino IDE but I don't know how difficult would be to port it

regards

Felipe S. Neves
Embedded software & systems engineer
Skype: fneves1989
+55 11 96610 – 0855

Issue when debugging STM32 board with zephyr openocd

I've faced an issue when trying to debug using zephyr openocd ("make BOARD=... debug").
Problem happens in step by step debug where I suddenly jump in an unrelated function.

I don't face such behavior using mainline openocd.

Has someone already observed this behavior ?
I'll raise an issue but I'd like to know if this is specific to ARM or STM32 or..

Thanks
Erwan

Re: Issue when debugging STM32 board with zephyr openocd

Felipe Neves

Hi Erwan,

Did you build the zephyr project with some optimization flags? such -Os?
Also, in menu config during kernel configuration phase, have you enabled the debug symbol generation?

Also, you need to tell your gdb instance to break in main, for exemple after start the openocd and gdb issue load command to halt microcontroller and flash the firmware
then before start the debug, set a break command on main function, then issue run command, It should work properly.

If you have further question I'll happy to help you :)

Best,

Felipe

I've faced an issue when trying to debug using zephyr openocd ("make BOARD=... debug").
Problem happens in step by step debug where I suddenly jump in an unrelated function.

I don't face such behavior using mainline openocd.

Has someone already observed this behavior ?
I'll raise an issue but I'd like to know if this is specific to ARM or STM32 or..

Thanks
Erwan

Felipe S. Neves
Embedded software & systems engineer
Skype: fneves1989
+55 11 96610 – 0855

Re: Issue when debugging STM32 board with zephyr openocd

Erwan Gouriou

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for this answer.
I did not build with specific optimization flag, I did not enable symbol generation neither.

Steps to reproduce are as follows:
$make BOARD=nucleo_f4... debug
>>b function
>>rst
[..]
>>si
after few steps I end up in unexpected function

Using mainline openocd, with same .elf and same sequence, gdb runs as expected.

Erwan

On 17 February 2017 at 16:45, Felipe Neves <ryukokki.felipe@...> wrote:
[...]

Vinay R Rao <vinay.rao@...>

Hello guys,

I have some experience with the PME and have documented some of the examples.

While the Arduino library has all the basics, it is by no means complete and if a Zephyr port is planned, then it would be good to design this from the ground up.
I was toying with the idea of doing this myself but got pulled into other projects.

The PME has memory mapped registers which need to be set or read in specific sequences in order to operate. This has been done already in the Arduino library which provides a basic API. However, the underlying sequences need to be optimized and the API enhanced for serious usage.
The data itself is shifted into the engine in 256 byte chunks (vectors). It is like a giant shift register that can take 256 bytes at a time and shift it up to 128 times. There needs to be two mechanisms to send/retrieve data from the PME.

1. A firmata like communication mechanism so that external training tools can be used to train the PME.
AND/OR
2. The PME needs some utility functions that use SPI driver to read and write to flash.

While the PME can work as-is as a simple Winner-Take-All Neural Network, it does not implement more complex or multi-layer Neural Networks. Instead it can be used as an accelerator. So you need to implement NN libraries that use the hardware PME to accelerate the software. Some examples are RBF and k-NN for which the hardware is suited.

In addition you need some pre-processing libraries to ensure that the data input to the PME is
1. Properly standardized,
2. Properly normalized,
3. Has feature extraction performed [i.e. filtering; FFT; etc]

Perhaps a bridge mechanism from the sensor subsystem is also needed. [Could be modeled along  the lines of IPM where the PME is another end-point for sensors to send data]

A higher level API to use the NN libraries for Supervised or Unsupervised Learning is also recommended.

Regards,

Vinay R. Rao
Senior Member IEEE
Communications Society
Computer Society

Founder & Principal
V. Rao Research Associates

On 2/17/17, 2:23 PM, "zephyr-users-bounces@...phyrproject.org on behalf of Carles Perello" <zephyr-users-bounces@...phyrproject.org on behalf of carles.perello@...> wrote:

Hi

Just wondering if anybody used the PM technology with zephyr.

There is code for the arduino IDE but I don't know how difficult would be to port it

regards

Felipe S. Neves
Embedded software & systems engineer
Skype: fneves1989

Vinay R. Rao
Senior Member IEEE
Communications Society
Computer Society

Founder & Principal
V. Rao Research Associates

Re: Intel Pattern Matching in Zephyr?

Felipe Neves

Hi Vinay, thanks for the very useful information, I'll take a look on the supplied link :)

A question to you, did you use the intel QMSI software package as interface between physical registers and Arduino library?

Best,

Felipe

--
Felipe S. Neves
Embedded software & systems engineer
Skype: fneves1989
+55 11 96610 – 0855

Build of samples/hello_world for Arduino 101 fails with SDK v0.9 works with SDK v0.8.2

Alex Molina

I was testing out building the v1.6.0 kernel using SDK v0.9 for BOARD=arduino_101 and it failed.
I was able to build it using the SDK v0.8.2, but it failed to flash via openOCD.

I´m using Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS 64-bit as build host.

This log shows the build failure with SDK v0.9:

alexm@ubu1504:~/swdev/zephyr/samples/hello_world$ printenv | fgrep ZEPHYR
ZEPHYR_SDK_INSTALL_DIR=/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9
ZEPHYR_BASE=/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr
ZEPHYRK_GCC_VARIANT=zephyr

alexm@ubu1504:~/swdev/zephyr/samples/hello_world$ git branch
* (HEAD detached at v1.6.0)
master

alexm@ubu1504:~/swdev/zephyr/samples/hello_world$ make O=/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr_build BOARD=arduino_101 flash

Using /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr/boards/x86/arduino_101/arduino_101_defconfig as base
Merging /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr/kernel/configs/unified.config
Merging prj.conf
#
# configuration written to .config
#
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr_build'
GEN ./Makefile
scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
make[2]: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: Command not found
make[2]: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: Command not found
/bin/sh: 1: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: not found
dirname: missing operand
Try 'dirname --help' for more information.
make[2]: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: Command not found
Using /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr as source for kernel
GEN ./Makefile
CHK include/generated/version.h
UPD include/generated/version.h
HOSTCC scripts/gen_idt/gen_idt.o
HOSTLD scripts/gen_idt/gen_idt
CHK misc/generated/configs.c
UPD misc/generated/configs.c
/bin/sh: 1: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: not found
/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr/./Kbuild:103: recipe for target 'arch/x86/core/offsets/offsets.o' failed
make[3]: *** [arch/x86/core/offsets/offsets.o] Error 127
/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr/Makefile:996: recipe for target 'prepare' failed
make[2]: *** [prepare] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr_build'
Makefile:175: recipe for target 'sub-make' failed
make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr'
/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr/Makefile.inc:99: recipe for target 'flash' failed
make: *** [flash] Error 2

This is a partial log after I switched to SDK v0.8.2, which built zephyr.bin, but failed to flash it.
LINK zephyr.elf
BIN zephyr.bin
Flashing arduino_101
Flashing Target Device
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.9.0-dirty (2016-08-02-16:04)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "jtag". To override use 'transport select <transport>'.
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
trst_only separate trst_push_pull
jtag_ntrst_delay: 300
Error: no device found
Error: unable to open ftdi device with vid 0403, pid 6010, description 'Flyswatter2' and serial '*'

======================================================================================================

Am I missing some settings for SDK v0.9 and openOCD to work?

Alex Molina
aamag10-swdev@...

Re: Build of samples/hello_world for Arduino 101 fails with SDK v0.9 works with SDK v0.8.2

Kumar Gala

On Mar 8, 2017, at 9:02 AM, A Molina-SW Dev via Zephyr-users <zephyr-users@...> wrote:

[...]

Seems like something isn’t right with your zephyr-sdk-0.9 install. What do you get for:

ls /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu

- k

Re: Build of samples/hello_world for Arduino 101 fails with SDK v0.9 works with SDK v0.8.2

Nashif, Anas

Looks like you are still using the 0.8.2 SDK?

On 08/03/2017, 09:33, "zephyr-users-bounces@... on behalf of Kumar Gala" <zephyr-users-bounces@... on behalf of kumar.gala@...> wrote:

> On Mar 8, 2017, at 9:02 AM, A Molina-SW Dev via Zephyr-users <zephyr-users@...> wrote:
>

> I was testing out building the v1.6.0 kernel using SDK v0.9 for BOARD=arduino_101 and it failed.
> I was able to build it using the SDK v0.8.2, but it failed to flash via openOCD.
>
> I´m using Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS 64-bit as build host.
>
> This log shows the build failure with SDK v0.9:
>

> =======================================================================================
>

> alexm@ubu1504:~/swdev/zephyr/samples/hello_world$ printenv | fgrep ZEPHYR
> ZEPHYR_SDK_INSTALL_DIR=/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9
> ZEPHYR_BASE=/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr
> ZEPHYRK_GCC_VARIANT=zephyr
>
> alexm@ubu1504:~/swdev/zephyr/samples/hello_world$ git branch
> * (HEAD detached at v1.6.0)
> master
>
> alexm@ubu1504:~/swdev/zephyr/samples/hello_world$ make O=/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr_build BOARD=arduino_101 flash
>
> Using /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr/boards/x86/arduino_101/arduino_101_defconfig as base
> Merging /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr/kernel/configs/unified.config
> Merging prj.conf
> #
> # configuration written to .config
> #
> make[1]: Entering directory '/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr'
> make[2]: Entering directory '/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr_build'
> GEN ./Makefile
> scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
> make[2]: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: Command not found
> make[2]: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: Command not found
> /bin/sh: 1: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: not found
> dirname: missing operand
> Try 'dirname --help' for more information.
> make[2]: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: Command not found

Seems like something isn’t right with your zephyr-sdk-0.9 install. What do you get for:

ls /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu

Re: Build of samples/hello_world for Arduino 101 fails with SDK v0.9 works with SDK v0.8.2

Qiu, PeiyangX <peiyangx.qiu@...>

It’s an openocd path issue. SDK0.9 is using x86_64, not i686.
Please try to add the following lines to .zephyrrc if you are using it.

export OPENOCD=${ZEPHYR_SDK_INSTALL_DIR}/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/openocd
export OPENOCD_DEFAULT_PATH=${ZEPHYR_SDK_INSTALL_DIR}/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/share/openocd/scripts

Looks like you are still using the 0.8.2 SDK?

On 08/03/2017, 09:33, "zephyr-users-bounces@... on behalf of Kumar Gala" <zephyr-users-bounces@... on behalf of kumar.gala@...> wrote:

> On Mar 8, 2017, at 9:02 AM, A Molina-SW Dev via Zephyr-users <zephyr-users@...> wrote:
>

> I was testing out building the v1.6.0 kernel using SDK v0.9 for BOARD=arduino_101 and it failed.
> I was able to build it using the SDK v0.8.2, but it failed to flash via openOCD.
>
> I´m using Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS 64-bit as build host.
>
> This log shows the build failure with SDK v0.9:
>

> =======================================================================================
>

> alexm@ubu1504:~/swdev/zephyr/samples/hello_world$ printenv | fgrep ZEPHYR
> ZEPHYR_SDK_INSTALL_DIR=/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9
> ZEPHYR_BASE=/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr
> ZEPHYRK_GCC_VARIANT=zephyr
>
> alexm@ubu1504:~/swdev/zephyr/samples/hello_world$ git branch
> * (HEAD detached at v1.6.0)
> master
>
> alexm@ubu1504:~/swdev/zephyr/samples/hello_world$ make O=/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr_build BOARD=arduino_101 flash
>
> Using /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr/boards/x86/arduino_101/arduino_101_defconfig as base
> Merging /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr/kernel/configs/unified.config
> Merging prj.conf
> #
> # configuration written to .config
> #
> make[1]: Entering directory '/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr'
> make[2]: Entering directory '/home/alexm/swdev/zephyr_build'
> GEN ./Makefile
> scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
> make[2]: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: Command not found
> make[2]: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: Command not found
> /bin/sh: 1: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: not found
> dirname: missing operand
> Try 'dirname --help' for more information.
> make[2]: /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu/i586-poky-elfiamcu-gcc: Command not found

Seems like something isn’t right with your zephyr-sdk-0.9 install. What do you get for:

ls /home/alexm/swdev/zephyr-sdk-0.9/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/iamcu-poky-elfiamcu

Zephyr GDB python scripts?

The, Martijn <martijn.the@...>

Hi there! I'm new to Zephyr. I was looking for gdb python scripts that add commands/shortcuts to gdb to do helpful things like dump memory pool blocks, print out status of sync primitives, etc. Does something like this exist already somewhere?

Martijn

Intel Benelux B.V.
Registered in The Netherlands under number 24134020
Statutory seat: Rotterdam
Registered address: Capronilaan 37, 1119NG Schiphol-Rijk

How to write a string to serial?

kk <pinganddu90@...>

Hi all

I am new to this mailing list.
I connect my arduino 101 to minicom, I have set the serial port:
    ttyUSB0 8N1
I use the Adafruit 4 pin cable (PL2303)
    black Ground connect GND on arduino 101
    green Receive connect TX->1 on arduino 101
    white Transmit connect  RX->1 on arduino 101
I run the hello_world program:
    make BOARD=arduino_101 flash
everything go well, but I can't see the "Hello World! x86" on the minicom.
I use the BOARD=qemu_x86, I can see the string "Hello World! x86"
So my question is how to write a string to serial?

Thanks!

How to write a string to serial?

kk <pinganddu90@...>

Hi all

I am new to this mailing list.
I connect my arduino 101 to minicom, I have set the serial port:
    ttyUSB0 8N1
I use the Adafruit 4 pin cable (PL2303)
    black Ground connect GND on arduino 101
    green Receive connect TX->1 on arduino 101
    white Transmit connect  RX->1 on arduino 101
I run the hello_world program:
    make BOARD=arduino_101 flash
everything go well, but I can't see the "Hello World! x86" on the minicom.
I use the BOARD=qemu_x86, I can see the string "Hello World! x86"
So my question is how to write a string to serial?

Thanks!

Re: How to write a string to serial?

Kumar Gala

On Mar 29, 2017, at 9:56 AM, kk <pinganddu90@...> wrote:

Hi all

I am new to this mailing list.
I connect my arduino 101 to minicom, I have set the serial port:
ttyUSB0 8N1
I use the Adafruit 4 pin cable (PL2303)
black Ground connect GND on arduino 101
green Receive connect TX->1 on arduino 101
white Transmit connect RX->1 on arduino 101
I run the hello_world program:
make BOARD=arduino_101 flash
everything go well, but I can't see the "Hello World! x86" on the minicom.
I use the BOARD=qemu_x86, I can see the string "Hello World! x86"
So my question is how to write a string to serial?

If you just use printf() you will get strings outputted to serial with most default configurations.

- k