Date

Re: [Zephyr-devel] Is it allowed to use public Bluetooth device address instead of non-resolvable random device address in the project of /sample/bluetooth/mesh_deom?

Kai Ren <kren@...>

Hi Johan,

The reason I want to use static address is that it will be easy to distinguish on Bluetooth packet sniffer. Currently, if there is a Bluetooth noisy background, it's hard to trace the mesh node I'm interested in, so many adv packets pop up on packet sniffer user inferface.

If there will be a flag to enable/disable it, it would be awesome.

Regards,
Kai

On 20/03/2018, 9:53 PM, "Johan Hedberg" <johan.hedberg@intel.com> wrote:

Hi Kai,

Currently the stack will always use a non-resolvable private address
when doing non-connectable advertising, regardless of what kind of
privacy features are supported or not. You can see the logic related to
this in the else-branch of the bt_le_adv_start() function in hci_core.c
that starts on line 4728 (in the current master branch).

So far there hasn't been a need to use anything else with
non-connectable advertising, however if there's a good use case for this
we could e.g. add a new option flag to bt_le_adv_param to force using
the local identity address for advertising (I think that's what you
meant instead of public address since e.g. nRF5x targets will use a
static random identity address by default).

Johan

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018, Kai Ren wrote:
> Hi Vikrant,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I tested it today, but the device address is still random. Do I need to some extra configuration for it?

Re: k_thread_user_mode_enter() usage

Boie, Andrew P

It looks like you are getting two exceptions in a row.
Were you able to determine the source of the bus fault? That seems like the real issue.
What platform is this on?