Date

Ethernet and CAN on STM32 #can #ethernet

schmid.enterprise@...

Dear all,

I am new to Zephyr, I would like to use it on a STM32 for a Ethernet-to-CAN converter. While looking on the list of supported boards, and the supported feature, I can not find a single STM32 board what is listed to support both interfaces. Ether is only CAN supported, or Ethernet. The only board what is listed to support both is the K64.

Now I wonder, why for several STM32 boards CAN is listed, but for others of the same chip family is not. For example, the waveshare_open103z, stm32f3_disco, stm32f4_disco, nucleo_l432, nucleo_l433, nucleo_l452 and black_f407 are listed to support CAN, but other STM32 boards with F1xx, F3xx, F4xx L4xx not show support of CAN. As is understand, the IP of the CAN inferface is the same on all F1, for example. So all boards with an F1xx mcu should have an identical MCU interface, from software point of view. I understand, that not all boards have a CAN driver chip, as such difficult to test the CAN feature on a stock Nucleo or disco  board.

How difficult is it, to make CAN working on a STM32 board, what not explicit shows CAN as supported on the Zephyr documentation, but have a sibling what is listed as support CAN? For example, make CAN working on a STM32F412 board (the STM32F407 support CAN). Is it just enable the SM32_CAN in the configuration and then recompile? Or are there bigger problems to expect?  The same goes for other features like DAC, ADC, ect.

Best regards,
Michael

Lookinf for Nand flash driver #flash #driver

Arsenii Soitu

Edited

Hello.

I'm newbie with Zephyr OS. I've started with 2.4.99 version
I would like to connect mx35 2 Gb Nand flash to stm32f413 microcontroller via spi.
I've found spi_nor driver in zephyr/drivers/flash but haven't found any sources  for nand
Can you tell me, which driver should I use for nand flash?

Thank you

printf causes hard_fault #nrf52840

Stefan Hristozov

I have an application for the nrf52840dk_nrf52840 board where I am using printf() to print some messages.
All works most of the time and the messages are shown correctly on my serial console.
However, at some point when I call again printf() my application crushes. Any ideas? Is it possible that some buffer is too small or something like that? Attached is a screenshot of the call stack.

Br,
Stefan

Divide zephyr into libraries #west

Nikos Karamolegkos

Hello and Happy new year to everyone, I am working in project with target to use zephyr as base of any freestanding application. Specifically, I would like the developer to have the ability to choose the desired sub-modules (e.g from subsys folder), after creating a new application. For example, a developer can create a hello-world application and then to choose that is interested to use bluetooth or net functionalities (think it like inserting new libraries to the projects). Any ideas on how to implement that? I have seen the cmake files in the app directory (e.g hello world) which are really simple. Should I make this process through proj.conf file (and/or the overlay conf files) by setting the appropriate configs? (e.g CONFIG_BT, CONFIG_NET_BUF, etc)?

Re: Bluetooth AND USB support?

Erwan Gouriou

Hi Uwe,

Looking at the board device tree description, USB is actually supported on this board:

&usb {
status = "okay";
pinctrl-0 = <&usb_dm_pa11 &usb_dp_pa12>;
};

I'll update the doc to reflect this state.

BR
Erwan

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 18:08, Uwe Fechner <uwe.fechner.msc@...> wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for a chip/ board that has Bluetooth AND USB which is supported by Zephyr.

For example, the STM32WB55RG offers USB and Bluetooth, but it looks as if Zephyr does NOT support the USB part yet.

See: https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/arm/nucleo_wb55rg/doc/nucleo_wb55rg.html

Is my impression correct?

Would it be difficult/ time consuming to make USB work?

Is there any other chip/board where Zephyr supports both?

Uwe

Re: Newbie question: K64F with SD card

Henrik Brix Andersen

Hi Dave,

I take it you mean the Freedom K64F board?

It is correct that the SD card controller of the K64F is not yet supported by Zephyr.
There is an open issue regarding this: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/19243

The internal DAC is supported by the Zephyr DAC API:
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/reference/peripherals/dac.html

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen

On 3 Jan 2021, at 02.10, Dave Nadler <drn@nadler.com> wrote:

Hello all, Zephyr newbie here, sorry if this is a simple question...
I've used Freescale/NXP K64F for a number of successful projects using FreeRTOS.
Considering using Zephyr because of driver/OS integration, however...

Looking at "K6F Freedom" board, which we've used often as a starting point,
SDcard driver plus a few other things seem to be missing?
What are the steps to add drivers to support:

1) ~POSIX file operations to the SD card?
2) USB OTG?
3) internal DAC?

If that's too hard, can anyone recommend an ARM chip with already well-supported
SD card, USB (especially device), I2C+SPI, serial UART, internal ADC and DAC.

Thanks in advance for any pointers,
Best Regards, Dave

--
Dave Nadler, USA East Coast voice (978) 263-0097,
drn@nadler.com

Re: Bluetooth AND USB support?

Carles Cufi

Hi Uwe,

The nRF52840 and the nRF5340 ICs from Nordic support both USB and Bluetooth.
There are several boards based on those supported by Zephyr.