Date

STM32F4 clock problem

Andreas Kölbl <andreas.koelbl@...>

Hello,

I'm quite new to zephyr and I'm working on a stm32f4_discovery board
(defconfig).
I tried the blinky application from examples (enabled the corresponding
GPIO in the config).
I didn't change the base clock setup from the configuration. With that,
I discovered the k_sleep interval is kind of wrong. It sleeps about 3,5
times longer than it should be.

I also tried another GPIO-Pin (PB8) to toggle instead of the LED in the
example and measured the frequency with a scope. It measured an
frequency (ACTIVE_HIGH->ACTIVE_HIGH) of 214.09mHz which should be 500mHz.

Am I missing something here?

--
Andreas Kölbl

Docker Image for ARM Boards

Agustin Henze

Hello, today I have started my first steps on zephyr and I am completely happy
to see an RTOS prepared for the future :).

After my first steps, I don't know... 5 minutes? :D. I decided to write the
recipe to have an environment ready to build and run application (emulated or
via jtag). Here it goes https://hub.docker.com/r/agustinhenze/zephyr-arm/

I hope that someone else find this useful and of course any suggestion,
improvement, contribution, etc is welcomed.

--
TiN

GPIO Pins FRMD_K64F

Kevin Stöckl <k_stoeckl@...>

Hello,
I want to trigger on the rising edge of a sensor (buzzer,PIR,...) but where can I find the Name of the Pin from the NXP Frdm-K64f Board.

So how is it possible with this Board to trigger on the rising edge of sensors?

Thanks in Advance

Kevin

Re: Question about ipv6 context binding (returning NULL)

Paul Sokolovsky

On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 10:06:23 -0300
Flavio Arieta <flavioarieta@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm making a application to send IPv6 using UDP but got stuck when
trying to assing a socket to a local address using net_context_bind().

I followed the /samples/net/echo_client/src/echo-client.c as a
example, but it seems that when it reaches net_if_ipv6_addr_lookup()
both __net_if_start and __net_if_end are equal, so the function
returns NULL.
That means that you don't have network interfaces (i.e. network
hardware) configured, so network communication wouldn't work anyway.

[]

Am I missing something with my network interfaces or even on my
prj.conf?
Right, network interfaces are configured in prj.conf.

[]

Question about ipv6 context binding (returning NULL)

Flavio Arieta <flavioarieta@...>

Hi,

I'm making a application to send IPv6 using UDP but got stuck when trying to assing a socket to a local address using net_context_bind().

I followed the /samples/net/echo_client/src/echo-client.c as a example, but it seems that when it reaches net_if_ipv6_addr_lookup() both __net_if_start and __net_if_end are equal, so the function returns NULL.

The address on addr6 inside of the lookup is "2001:db8::1" which I'v set on the CONFIG_NET_APP_MY_IPV6_ADDR on my prj.conf, so it is searching for the right address.

Steps to add my address:
1. Added the ipv6 to my net_if with net_if_ipv6_addr_add with net_if_get_default() and "2001:db8::1"
2. Created a net_context udp_recv6 with { 0 }
3. Executed net_context_get(AF_INET6, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_UDP, udp_recv6)
4. Executed net_context_setup_pools
5. Tryied to bind using net_context_bind(*udp_recv6, (struct sockaddr *)&my_addr6, sizeof(struct sockaddr_in6))

On step 5 the error occurs.

Function calls:
net_context_bind -> net_if_ipv6_addr_lookup
Here the latter function returns ENOENT since ifaddr is NULL.

Am I missing something with my network interfaces or even on my prj.conf?

Link to my configuration file:

Thanks.
Flávio Arieta Netto.

Re: Problem with pointers when using k_fifo

Flavio Arieta <flavioarieta@...>

First, I'm sorry for the late reply.

Thanks that solved my problem, I've read the manual saying about the OS reserved space on queue elements but completely forgot about it.

Hi Flavio,

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Flavio Arieta <flavioarieta@...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some problems with k_fifo_put() and k_fifo_get() when using the
> following structure:
>
> typedef struct application_queue_element {
>     void *pkt;
>     uint8_t type;
> } application_queue_element_t;

k_fifo/k_queue do store their list nodes in the elements you push to
it, so you need something like this:

typedef struct application_queue_element {
     void *_reserved; /* Used by k_fifo implementation. */
     void *pkt;
     uint8_t type;
 } application_queue_element_t

> The type receives 14 and pkt receives the address of a structure type
> variable defined as:
>
> typedef struct request {
>     uint8_t value;
>     uint8_t flags;
> } request_t;
>
> I tried the following to put the data on the fifo:
>
> application_queue_element_t app_pkt;
> request_t dr;
> app_pkt.pkt = &dr;
> app_pkt.application_protocol_pkt_type = 14;
> k_fifo_put(&ctx->recv_queue, &app_pkt);
>
> Then to retrieve the data I made the following:
>
> if (k_fifo_is_empty(&ctx->recv_queue) == 0) {
>     application_queue_element_t *app_pkt_temp;
>     app_pkt_temp = k_fifo_get(&ctx->recv_queue, K_NO_WAIT);
> }
>
> At the end app_pkt_temp have the right value for the app_pkt_temp->type but
> the wrong address for app_pkt_temp->pkt, which gives me 0x00000000 (should
> be something like 0x20007744) and therefore wrong values.
> As it seems the reference to the dr variable is lost after it was put and
> then retrieved from the k_fifo.
>
> Am I missing something when addind the data or got something wrong with the
> data structure?
>

> PS: 1. Before putting the data inside the fifo I verified the app_pkt and it
> has all the data.
>        2. I initialized the fifo, but on another function
>

> Thanks,
> Flávio Arieta Netto.

Luiz Augusto von Dentz

Kind regards,
Flávio Arieta Netto.

Re: Problems with MQTT on FRDM-K64F

Paul Sokolovsky

Hello Kevin,

I don't know what may be wrong in your case, as when networking is
involved, many (e.g. a dozen of) things may be wrong. However, I may
suggest few generic ideas how to avoid common and unneeded pitfalls:

1. Start with unchanged samples and configurations. These are the
configurations intended to be run and tested by their authors and most
of other users.

2. Before starting to test a sample on a real hardware, test it with
qemu_x86 if possible.

3. Before starting with "complex" samples like MQTT, make sure that
basic samples like echo_server work for you.

4. When working with "complex" samples which involve
additional/3rd-party components, like MQTT broker in this case, make
sure first that they work as intended. E.g., mosquitto has tools to
publish and subscribe messages, you need to test your setup using them
first, including running them on a different machine than where the
broker resides. For any issues with that, you'll need to consult
mosquitto documentation and support channels.

5. When dealing networking, always keep in mind that it's a complex
matter with many "moving parts". For example, networking in modern
OSes is unalienable from the notion of "firewall". Have you configured
your firewall properly to let your MQTT broker be accessed?

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 13:41:49 +0000
Kevin Stöckl <k_stoeckl@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I try to run the sample mqtt publisher on the frdm-k64f.

First I changed the IP-adress on the linux host machine to
192.168.0.75.

Then i type make BOARD=frdm_k64f and then I try to run mosquitto with
sudo mosquitto -v -p 1883.

There I got the error message Address already in use and nothing
happens.

In the config.h File I changed the Server Address to 192.168.0.75

What could be the problem?

How can I change the IP-adress of the board? And is this necessary?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Re: nucleo_f401re can not flash and can not work

lhk

Hi,
I have changed the configuration, and it work.
Thank you so much.

在 Erwan Gouriou <erwan.gouriou@...>,2017年6月28日 下午11:54写道:

Hi,

Can you have a try with following configuration ?
#CONFIG_CLOCK_STM32_SYSCLK_SRC_PLL=y
CONFIG_CLOCK_STM32_SYSCLK_SRC_HSI=y

Erwan

On 28 June 2017 at 16:46, Erwan Gouriou <erwan.gouriou@...> wrote:
Hi,

Looking to the picture of the board you sent me, I can see some differences with the board I have:
-Lack of X2, C32, C31, R34, R36 on your board
-Lack of C26 on my board.
This might be a variant I'm not aware of.
Can you send me a picture of the back side of the board as well, to get a complete view of your board?

Thanks
Erwan

On 28 June 2017 at 16:14, 会奎林 <linhuikui@...> wrote:
Hi,
I try drag and drop rt-thread rtos .bin file to my nucleo_f401re board, and it worked, and I compile mbed OS and copy .bin to my board, it worked too. But the zephyr.bin  do not work. I run the command "make BOARD=nucleo_f401re debug", the CPU was halted in somewhere. here are the log:

(gdb) s
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c2c
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c02
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c04
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c06
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c08
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c28
310 *(d_word++) = c_word;
(gdb) s
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c2c
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c02
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c04
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c06
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c08
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c28
310 *(d_word++) = c_word;
(gdb) s
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c2c
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c02
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c04
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c06
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c08
Info : halted: PC: 0x08000c28
310 *(d_word++) = c_word;
(gdb) l
305
306 c_word |= c_word << 8;
307 c_word |= c_word << 16;
308
309 while (n >= sizeof(unsigned int)) {
310 *(d_word++) = c_word;
311 n -= sizeof(unsigned int);
312 }
313
314 /* do byte-sized initialization until finished */

by the way, I built it in zephyr-v1.8.0/samples/basic/blinky

Maybe there is an error on my nucleo board. I have upgraded the st-link, I can not roll- back. and the new st-link can not work. I would try to download via com port.
Thanks a lot.

Here is a blinky sample binary:
Generated on V1.8.99
Tested ok on nucleo_f401re (by drag and drop on nucleo mounted device)

Please let me know if working on your side

Erwan

On 26 June 2017 at 15:44, Erwan Gouriou <erwan.gouriou@...> wrote:
I tested successfully this morning on same sw and hw.
I'll put .bin available so you can test.

On 26 June 2017 at 15:33, linhuikui <linhuikui@...> wrote:
Hi,
I have copied the zephyr.bin to the nucleo flash disk. But it do not work. I have copied other rtos .bin to the disk, and it worked(Rthread.bin a rtos bin from rtthread.org).And Zephyr.bin do not work either. I doubt the bin format is different, or the Zephyr.bin is too bigger?

在 Erwan Gouriou <erwan.gouriou@...>,2017年6月26日 下午3:30写道:

Hi,

Ok, good point is that compilation is ok.

You can try alternate functions for flashing:
*When plugging your nucleo_board, it should be mounted as a USB disk, and appear in list of devices on nautilus
*Use custom open-ocd: https://github.com/erwango/openocd-stm32
   > README should help you to proceed

Good luck

On 24 June 2017 at 03:46, 会奎林 <linhuikui@...> wrote:
I was try to compile and flashed my nucleo_f401re. but the LD2 do not flash. neither blink_led or blinky.
the adjunct is the compiler output, after flashed i toke a photo for the f401re board.

by the way, the zephyr release  download form https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/archive/v1.8.99.tar.gz
Thanks.

Ok, Can you try following sample and check if LED is blinking?
cd samples/basic/blinky
make BOARD=nucleo_f401re flash

Then, can you tell me which zephyr release / commit you're using?

On 22 June 2017 at 15:06, 会奎林 <linhuikui@...> wrote:
Hi,
   I do follow the steps documenter
When i flashed, the LD1 was green.
*I was did all in  ubuntu OS.
*access com port follow steps minicom -D /dev/ttyACM0 and sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyACM0, but neither work.
*Zephyr SDK version: 0.9.1 and .0.9
*Zephyr version:1.7.0 and 1.8.0

Else, can you provide more information:
*command used ("make BOARD=nucleo_f401re flash" should work)
*Work environment (Linux/Windows/Mac Os)
*How do you access com port?
*Zephyr SDK version
*SHA1 of the commit / commit title for the HEAD of your tree
*Is that specific to nucleo_f401re? Did you succeed with other board?

Erwan

In the zephyr project, I compile nucleo_f401re board whit sample "hello world" and "shell"  and flashed it. but there is nothing out put via the USB COM. my English is poor, and coudle any one help me?

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Flavio Arieta <flavioarieta@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Re: zephyr performance

Nashif, Anas

There are some samples that measure timing under test/benchmark, you can use those.