Date

Re: Divide zephyr into libraries #west

Lukasz Iwaszkiewicz

Hi

Isn't `ninja menuconfig` what you are looking after? Link :
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/guides/kconfig/menuconfig.html?highlight=menuconfig
.

Regards

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 11:32 AM Nikos Karamolegkos <nkaram@ics.forth.gr> wrote:

Guys any extra information about this. It will really helps.

Thank you

On 12/1/21 4:23 μ.μ., Nikos Karamolegkos wrote:

Hello and Happy new year to everyone, I am working in project with target to use zephyr as base of any freestanding application. Specifically, I would like the developer to have the ability to choose the desired sub-modules (e.g from subsys folder), after creating a new application. For example, a developer can create a hello-world application and then to choose that is interested to use bluetooth or net functionalities (think it like inserting new libraries to the projects). Any ideas on how to implement that? I have seen the cmake files in the app directory (e.g hello world) which are really simple. Should I make this process through proj.conf file (and/or the overlay conf files) by setting the appropriate configs? (e.g CONFIG_BT, CONFIG_NET_BUF, etc)?

--
Nikos Karamolegkos
R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH

[...]

True Random Number Generator #crypto

mohamed.belaroussi@...

Hello,

I am using a third party chriptographic engine that provides a dedicated hardware accelerator for AES-128 encryption based algorithms.

I am using this engine to encrypt and decrypt the data transmitted and received over RF. To make the data more secure I am looking at generating encryption 128-bits keys using a True Random Number Generator. Is there a way of achieving a true random number generation using nRF5340 with Zephyr?
Thank you.

Kind regards
Mohamed Belaroussi

Re: Embedded Border-Router - Route Thread-Protocol to Serialbus

Becker Markus

Hi.

> **Creating an Embedded Border-Router for Thread**

Currently there is support for the NCP as well as the RCP configuration of an OpenThread BR within Zephyr (https://openthread.io/platforms/co-processor) next to the router/end-device device types.

NCP as well as RCP already use UART (or SPI) as a lower layer to send IP messages to an application processor. Zephyr’s OpenThread UART adaptation is at https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/subsys/net/lib/openthread/platform/uart.c.

If you run the host-side BR tools also on the micro-controller, this would make a very cost-efficient BR, but also a more restricted one. E.g. it will be harder to do firewalling, routing, service discovery, and WebUI things. It is definitely possible. If you work on this, let the mailing list know.

> **Additional processors on a serial bus**

From the figure and the description, it seems that you want to use the serial link as a thread link. This is similar to the TREL feature Jonathan pointed out on the openthread mailing list. TREL is there to use Ethernet as a Thread link. Note that TREL is not (yet) included within OpenThread on Zephyr.

BR,

Markus