Date

Re: Support for Atmel SAMG55

Kumar Gala

On Jun 1, 2020, at 8:25 AM, Michael Hope <michaelh@...> wrote:

Hi Adam. I just so happen to be adding support for the Adafruit
ItsyBitsy M4 board ATM. It's SAMD51 based which seems to be basically
the same as the SAMG55.

I've checked the UART, GPIO, SPI, and watchdog drivers so far. I'm
adding a PWM and QSPI driver, and will check the USB driver.

You'll need to create your own board definition and to create the
device tree files.

-- Michael
Just an FYI, working on moving pinmux for SAM0 over to DTS like I did for atmel SAM.

Also, we’re under some discussions on QSPI so good to know that you are looking at support for that as well on SAM0.

We will be using Teams instead of Zoom:
https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_YzYzZTAzNGItOWFiMS00MDBkLTkyYmMtNzljZjkwNDVlMThm%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22686ea1d3-bc2b-4c6f-a92c-d99c5c301635%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2262b63b80-05d3-4465-b5a0-f04e4e156f10%22%7d

Today's topics:

- QSPI flash drivers:
- Should we revisit the common QSPI API? https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/20069
- Should it be part of the current SPI API? https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/17902
- If not, should we try to unify the common functionality in the multiple QSPI flash drivers?

- SPI JEDEC runtime support
- PR https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23658

- RTC API follow-up (if the relevant people are present and there is material for discussion)
- PR: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/23526

Pending additional investigation:
- Documenting API behavior in Doxygen:
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18970
- Issue: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/21061

Re: Full supported 802.15.4 modules (i.e as radio interfaces by zephyr's kernel) #nrf52840

Jukka Rissanen

Hi Nikos,

Don't know about exact boards, but currently we have 802.15.4 drivers
for following chips/shields in drivers/ieee802154

source "drivers/ieee802154/Kconfig.cc2520"
source "drivers/ieee802154/Kconfig.kw41z"
source "drivers/ieee802154/Kconfig.mcr20a"
source "drivers/ieee802154/Kconfig.nrf5"
source "drivers/ieee802154/Kconfig.cc1200"
source "drivers/ieee802154/Kconfig.cc13xx_cc26xx"
source "drivers/ieee802154/Kconfig.rf2xx"
source "drivers/ieee802154/Kconfig.dw1000"

so if your board or shield supports one of these radios, then 6lowpan
and lwm2m should work there too.

Cheers,
Jukka

On Tue, 2020-06-02 at 03:19 -0700, Nikos Karamolegkos wrote:
Hello to everyone, in this link1 there is a list with all the modules
supported by zephyr. I am interested in 802.15.4 modules that are
fully supported by Zephyr's kernel. Based on this discussion and some
more research I conclude that the supported modules can be the
following:
1) reel board
2) frdm kw41z
3) quark se dev board
4) frdm k64f with the cr20a shield
5) nucleo wb55rg
6) nrf52840 dk

However, the #3 does not exist in the latest zephyr documentation,
the #1 and #5 are supported by the kernel only for the Bluetooth
radio interface. The #2 according the documentation is not supported
for any radio interface although in the fore-mentioned discussion is
reported that the user used ping6 and also there is the NXP KW41Z
driver in the zephyr/drivers/ieee802154/ folder. For the #4 the
things are almost the same with #2, the only difference is that I can
not find in the documentation what radio interfaces are supported.
Finally, for the #6 seems that both 802.15.4 and Bluetooth are
supported as radio interfaces and also there is the driver in the
drivers folder (so is the only option?).

To conclude, what 802.15.4 device should I buy which will be fully
supported and tested (the minimum number of bugs)? Are there any
other devices? (the driver folder has enough devices)
At this time I have nucleo wb55rg but I don't have enough time to
port it into Zephyr RTOS. I need a robust solution to use with
6lowpan stack and lwm2m

Full supported 802.15.4 modules (i.e as radio interfaces by zephyr's kernel) #nrf52840

Nikos Karamolegkos

[...]

Michael Hope

Yip, looks like I jumped the gun. Sorry about that!

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 18:10, Adam Podogrocki <a.podogrocki@...> wrote:

Hi Michael,

I'm afraid it won't be as easy as using definition for SAMD51. I've compared memory mapping. It is enough to see that Internal Flash has different address, there is Internal ROM in G55. G55 has a single AHB-APB Brigde, wheres D51 has 4 Bridges. In D51 there are Serial Communication Interfaces (SERCOM) which can be configured in I2C, SPI, or USART mode. In G55 similar role is played by FLEXCOM, but memory addresses are different.

In short words it looks like G55 needs its own HAL files.

BR,
Adam

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 15:25, Michael Hope <michaelh@...> wrote:

Hi Adam. I just so happen to be adding support for the Adafruit
ItsyBitsy M4 board ATM. It's SAMD51 based which seems to be basically
the same as the SAMG55.

I've checked the UART, GPIO, SPI, and watchdog drivers so far. I'm
adding a PWM and QSPI driver, and will check the USB driver.

You'll need to create your own board definition and to create the
device tree files.

-- Michael

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 14:32, Adam Podogrocki <a.podogrocki@...> wrote:

Hi,

are there any activities ongoing to add support for SAMG55 MCU to Zephyr?

Regards,
Adam

Re: Support for Atmel SAMG55

Adam Podogrocki

Hi Michael,

I'm afraid it won't be as easy as using definition for SAMD51. I've compared memory mapping. It is enough to see that Internal Flash has different address, there is Internal ROM in G55. G55 has a single AHB-APB Brigde, wheres D51 has 4 Bridges. In D51 there are Serial Communication Interfaces (SERCOM) which can be configured in I2C, SPI, or USART mode. In G55 similar role is played by FLEXCOM, but memory addresses are different.

In short words it looks like G55 needs its own HAL files.

BR,
Adam

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 15:25, Michael Hope <michaelh@...> wrote:
Hi Adam.  I just so happen to be adding support for the Adafruit
ItsyBitsy M4 board ATM.  It's SAMD51 based which seems to be basically
the same as the SAMG55.

I've checked the UART, GPIO, SPI, and watchdog drivers so far.  I'm
adding a PWM and QSPI driver, and will check the USB driver.

You'll need to create your own board definition and to create the
device tree files.

-- Michael

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 14:32, Adam Podogrocki <a.podogrocki@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are there any activities ongoing to add support for SAMG55 MCU to Zephyr?
>
> Regards,
> Adam

Re: Support for Atmel SAMG55

Michael Hope

[...]

Re: USB Questions

Adam Podogrocki

Hi Anton,

regarding point 2 to use the USB device as a console, please add:

 CONFIG_UART_CONSOLE_ON_DEV_NAME="CDC_ACM"
 CONFIG_USB_UART_CONSOLE=y
 CONFIG_UART_LINE_CTRL=y

samples/subsys/usb/cdc_acm/src/main.c shows that binding is got for "CDC_ACM_0", so check both option at the best.

Regards,
Adam

On Sun, 24 May 2020 at 19:03, <antoker@...> wrote:

Hi,

I've been testing out Zephyr's USB connectivity options on FRDM-K22F and got some questions:

  1. samples/subsys/usb/console/ compiles and runs okay as long as the USB is connected. If usb is not connected the application will not run, this happens, as I can see it because of flag CONFIG_USB_UART_DTR_WAIT=y. My understanding was that if i compile the app with CONFIG_USB_UART_DTR_WAIT=n the application will run immediately, however after compiling and uploading it to target the USB CDC Serial is not being recognized by the host operating system. Is it all possible to have a console via USB without the DTR flag?
  2. Is it possible to have shell redirected to USB Serial? The documentation is kinda of cryptic regarding this.

BR

Anton

Re: Compile as much code as possible.

Paul Sokolovsky

On Sat, 30 May 2020 19:25:48 +0000
"Carles Cufi" <carles.cufi@...> wrote:

Hi there,

No, there is not. In part because Zephyr requires a board to be
passed as a parameter to the build system, and the board determines
the basic set of Kconfig options. You could I guess create a board
that tries to enable everything (at least everything in an arch).
We for example have
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/tests/net/all/prj.conf ,
can extend such a practice to other subsystems (if they don't have it,
didn't look), and then to entire Zephyr. (Except that we have CI which
can't build 500 one-line changes, so would need to deal with that
first^W too).

Carles
[]