Date

Re: How to use "Serial CAN Bus Module" #driver #uart #can

s9gosich@...

@Lawrence King

Thank you for the code!

@All

I tried the last few days to get it working but I don’t know how to use a second UART. I’m using the nRF52832dk board which has only “uart0” defined in the Devicetree (see ~/zephyr/boards/arm/nrf52dk_nrf52832/nrf52dk_nrf52832.dts and ~/zephyr/dts/arm/nordic/nrf52832.dtsi). Since uart0 is already being used I want to define an “uart1” as was used in the code by Lawrence King for nRF52840 (which supports “uart1” in the Devicetree). But as I understand it at the moment, this is difficult without deep knowledge about the Hardware and Devicetree.

How can I solve this? Is there an easy path I haven’t found. Something like SoftwareSerial in Arduino?

Can I define an “uart1” with an “.overlay” file in my project folder? Are there examples for this?

Do I have to edit the Devicetree files in the ~/zephyr/dts folder?

Thank you!

Re: How to Run

Kate Stewart

Hi Deepa,
    Best place to start is following the instructions at:
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/getting_started/index.html

"Blinky Sample" is Zephyr's equivalent of hello world.

Since you have a windows system,   click on the Windows tab
under the first step in the getting started link

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 9.22.31 AM.png

You can run Zephyr in a virtual environment on your computer but it's designed to
be run on small microprocessors.    A list of the boards that support zephyr can be

Hope this helps.

Kate

On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 8:11 AM Deepa Lakshmi <lakshmidpa@...> wrote:
hi team
       I need to run the zephyr hello world project in my lap. please, tell me the steps.
should update my OS to zeohyr from windows ?
or
Zephyr can be run with windows 10 itself, with supporting packages.

please, let me know soon.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepa.R
8072608604

How to Run

Deepa Lakshmi <lakshmidpa@...>

hi team
       I need to run the zephyr hello world project in my lap. please, tell me the steps.
should update my OS to zeohyr from windows ?
or
Zephyr can be run with windows 10 itself, with supporting packages.

please, let me know soon.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepa.R
8072608604

Re: LWM2M client to nrf582540-DK #nrf52840 #networking

Lubos, Robert

Hi Nikos,

Unfortunately, we don’t have a step-by-step guide for the scenario you describe, but I can provide you with some guidelines.

OpenThread has a reference implementation of border router, which can be run on a Linux host under docker (OpenThread is a protocol that enables IP over 802.15.4):

https://openthread.io/guides/border-router/docker

The `lwm2m_client` does not support OpenThread out-of-the box, but it can be easily added, see this comment:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/24840#issuecomment-624717991

Regards,

Robert