Date

Regarding the flash of hci_uart sample app of zephire in nrf52840

Amit Purwar <amit.purwar@...>

I have build and flashed the zephire/sample/bluetooth/hci_uart on nrf52840 board and connected the board with ubuntu but hci interface was not created when checked using hciconfig.

Can you please provide the steps for the same . I have used below step

cd zephyr/samples/bluetooth/hci_uart

mkdir nrf_build

cmake -DBOARD=nrf52840_pca10056 ../

make

make flash

hciconfig

But no hci interface created

How to implement a simple SPI-Slave function on nRF52 PCA10040 board.

robin@...

I am attempting to create a simple SPI-Slave implementation for the nRF52 PCA10040 board.
My project’s source code is at https://github.com/foldedtoad/spi_slave.

While I am able to receive events whenever the SPI-Master (host) sends data, the receive buffers are empty.
A logic analyzer trace shows good SPI protocol from the SPI-Master.

I have looked for examples which might shed some light on how to implement an starter version of a SPI-Slave on the nRF52 series.

Any guidance or suggestions as to what prevents my code from receiving data would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Robin

This week we will focus on two Stable API Change RFCs and GPIO.
I am unable to attend but Peter Bigot has kindly offered to chair the meeting instead.

Reminder on the Stable API Change RFCs: The purpose of discussing them in this meeting is to raise awareness and talk about any objections or potential problems the change may introduce. The final acceptance is gated by the Pull Request itself.

- RFC: API Change: PWM: add support for inverted PWM signals
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/21384

- RFC: API Change: usb: Make users call usb_enable. Provide global status callback.
- https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/21419

- GPIO: Update on progress
- Proposal from Peter Bigot: Port remaining users without testing them on hardware
- Look at the PRs with driver conversion (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18530)
- Check users of GPIO APIs: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/20017
- Tips for converting users can be found here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/20017#issuecomment-549315497 (thanks Peter!)
- Any additional outstanding PRs to topic-gpio

Proposal to make Zephyr 2.2 require Python 3.6 or later

Bolivar, Marti

Hello Zephyr users,

Now that Zephyr 2.1 has been released, I am proposing we make Python 3.6
the minimum supported Python version for 2.2:

The pull request has been approved and was discussed without objection
by the Technical Steering Committee today, so I'm trying to raise
awareness about it as it seems likely to me it will be merged for 2.2
unless someone objects.

Comments or objections in the PR if possible, please.

Thanks!

Re: Using #stm32 HAL_TIM_xyz for counting pulses with timer in external clock mode #stm32

Erwan Gouriou

Hi Pauli,

If you are able to do what you want with Cube HAL then, to interface with zephyr, you just need to redefine
the HAL callback (defined as weak in HAL drivr) in your zephyr application.
You can check what has been done in a similar fashion on zephyr stm32 ethernet driver.

HIH
Cheers
Erwan

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 at 18:02, Pauli <susundberg@...> wrote:
Dear all,

I am doing silly motor driver for worm-gear dc-motor with stm32f411e-disco board (and L298). The dc-motor has HAL-sensor for feedback - providing raising/lowering edge for every turn. Now, as the HAL sensor is attached before the worm-gear, so the RPM will be something. To have it handled with ease i was thinking to connect the HAL sensor output to STM32 as external clock input -> i can get the count from the timer register with zero load to processor.

As far as i know (and have tested - it compiles) i can use the HAL_TIM_XYZ functions and they should work -> i can use them to configure timer to be in external clock mode.

But how does one handle the overflow of the timer? In normal STM32 HAL code one would get interupt from this but i have no glue how to do it with Zephyr. I do know i could poll it with very little overhead, but that seems bit brute-force.

Would it be easy to set up interrupt handler for timer overflow? Could somebody point out tips what would be the steps required (or just say its not doable without weeks of work)? What Zephyr source files i should look at? Any change of samples that would even have some similarity?

BR,
Pauli

[...]

API meeting: Agenda

This week we will focus on API Changes and GPIO:

- Changing a stable API:

- GPIO: Update on progress
- Look at the PRs with driver conversion (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18530)
- Check users of GPIO APIs: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/20017
- Tips for converting users can be found here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/20017#issuecomment-549315497 (thanks Peter!)
- Any additional outstanding PRs to topic-gpio

Different MAC address for nrf52 when using as a controller #bluetooth #nrf52480 #usb #ble

Venkatesh Dyagala

Edited

Hi,

Iam using nrf52840 DK as a BLE controller. So i compiled a hex file and loaded into it. There after when we power on am getting the bdaddr of the device as 00:00:00:00:00:00, But when i check the "bluetootctl show " command its showing the MAC address of the device.

So without modifying the bdaddr i started advertise, The scanned devices seeing the different MAC that is not equal to the address which we seen using bluetoothctl show.

So my question is
--The address which we seen in the bluetoothctl show  is the correct address? or the address which we seen in scanning when the device is advertising that is correct ?

Re: Determining source of GPIO Interrupt on NRF52832 #gpio #nrf52832

bbradley@...

I just realized I responded to you privately by accident, Lawrence. Sorry about that. I will copy the message I sent to you to the group so that the discussion is up to date.

The suggestion regarding testing the gpio with gpio_pin_read is exactly what I am currently doing, and it does indeed work well, but I had the same thought about spurious pulses potentially causing issues here. I haven't observed issues with this yet, but it certainly was a concern of mine.

As for your second suggestion, I have not tried that! My understanding was that calling gpio_pin_configure a second time would (re)configure the gpio, not append additional configurations. So I have been configuring the gpio with interrupt flags which are bitwise OR'd. If the API can in fact allow me to have multiple pin configurations with different callbacks then it should work perfectly. This will require a bit of refactor for my current project, but I can at least test this concept fairly quickly.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will let you know if it works.
Brian

Re: bt_gatt_is_subscribed - any examples?

Lawrence King

Adding devel@... to the email address.