Date

Seeed BLE Micro (nrf51822) hangs on k_msleep

Matias N. <matias@...>

Hi,
I'm starting a project based on the BLE Micro module from Seeedstudio. Since this "board" was not supported but the RedBear BLE nano board is the most similar one, I created a custom board directory for it using this as a template. I managed to flash the blinky sample to the module (using openocd and a ST-Link v2 clone device) and can also connect with gdb to debug. I have this module soldered to a custom PCB which features a LED and thus I set the correct LED GPIO in the dts file. I managed to control the LED but from my debugging it seems to hang when calling k_msleep(). When it hangs, if I pause the execution it appears to be right after the "wfi" instruction (i'm assuming the debugger breaks the sleep).

I'm not sure why this could be happening. My guess it is something to do with the clock configuration. The module features a 32.768hz crystal (just like the BLE Nano) but also a 16 MHz crystal (which I'm not sure is used or not by zephyr). I tried disabling tickless, but the behavior does not change.

As I'm new to zephyr I'm not quite sure what else to check. Googling for this problem I found old issues in GitHub relating to tickless mode, low-power, rtc, etc. But all seem to be merged/closed. I would appreciate any help in this.

Best,
Matias

Zephyr v2.3.0 released

We are pleased to announce the release of Zephyr RTOS version 2.3.0.

Major enhancements with this release include:

* A new Zephyr CMake package has been introduced, reducing the need for
environment variables

* A new Devicetree API, based on hierarchical macros, has been introduced. This
new API allows the C code to access virtually all nodes and properties in a
clean, organized fashion

* The kernel timeout API has been overhauled to be flexible and configurable,
with future support for features like 64-bit and absolute timeouts in mind

* A new k_heap/sys_heap heap allocator has been introduced, with much better
performance than the existing k_mem_pool/sys_mem_pool
Zephyr now integrates with the TF-M (Trusted Firmware M) PSA-compliant
framework

* The Bluetooth Low Energy Host now supports LE Advertising Extensions

* The CMSIS-DSP library is now included and integrated

The detailed release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/releases/tag/zephyr-v2.3.0

The next release, v2.4.0, is tentatively scheduled for September 25th 2020.

I would like to thank everybody who contributed to this release, be it with code, feedback or documentation.

Re: Zephyr "West" Issue

Kumar Gala

On Jun 4, 2020, at 4:59 PM, jim slaughter <jim.slaughter@sage-micro.com> wrote:

Hello,

I am using Ubuntu and have been through the Getting Started Document and have arrived at point where you:
Run the installer, installing the SDK in ~/zephyr-sdk-0.11.3:

I have done the commands"
chmod +x zephyr-sdk-0.11.3-setup.run
./zephyr-sdk-0.11.3-setup.run -- -d ~/zephyr-sdk-0.11.3

I never saw where I specify the architecture "IBEX small 32-bit RISC-V CPU"

This is what I have in the sdk directory:
jws@DESKTOP-AJSFNLH:~$ ls -l zephyr-sdk-0.11.3
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 jws jws 512 May 16 10:24 aarch64-zephyr-elf
drwxr-xr-x 1 jws jws 512 May 16 11:22 arc-zephyr-elf
drwxr-xr-x 1 jws jws 512 May 16 11:37 arm-zephyr-eabi
drwxr-xr-x 1 jws jws 512 May 16 09:50 cmake
drwxr-xr-x 1 jws jws 512 Jun 4 16:34 info-zephyr-sdk-0.11.3
drwxr-xr-x 1 jws jws 512 May 16 10:38 nios2-zephyr-elf
drwxr-xr-x 1 jws jws 512 May 16 10:43 riscv64-zephyr-elf
-rw-r--r-- 1 jws jws 7 Jun 4 16:34 sdk_version
drwxr-xr-x 1 jws jws 512 May 16 10:36 sparc-zephyr-elf
drwxr-xr-x 1 jws jws 512 May 16 10:50 sysroots
drwxr-xr-x 1 jws jws 512 May 16 10:22 x86_64-zephyr-elf
drwxrwxr-x 1 jws jws 512 Jun 4 16:33 xtensa
jws@DESKTOP-AJSFNLH:~$

What did I miss?
How do I get the IBEX included?
Any help please!
Thanks.
We have a generic risc-v toolchain that support both 32 and 64-bit risc-v (riscv64-zephyr-elf). There isn’t a specific toolchain for IBEX.

- k

Zephyr "West" Issue

--
Jim Slaughter

Re: Newbie question: How do I find out what's really there?

Carles Cufi

Hi Dave,

Most of the questions you ask are better answered by looking at the code directly. The level of detail you ask for is not reflected in the doc.

- Does the ethernet driver come from ST, or did someone write one that works?
Like most Zephyr drivers, it’s a shim on top of the vendor HAL:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/drivers/ethernet/eth_stm32_hal.c

- Does SPI support DMA transfers? CS?

I’d say yes based on light inspection:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/drivers/spi/spi_ll_stm32.c#L60

- What classes does USB driver support?

That one is easy:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/tree/master/subsys/usb/class

  • HCI
  • CDC/ACM
  • MSD
  • DFU
  • Audio
  • HID
  • ECM/EEM/RNDIS

- There's a version of this chip with lots of security hardware - how would I use that to support HTTPS etc?

For that better ask Erwan, who is the STM32 maintainer.

Carles