Date

Adding of Azure SDK to Zephyr as a module #AzureSDK

petrus.vanderwalt@...

Hi, I found a discussion on github regarding adding the Azure SDK to Zephyr as a module.  The milestone was set for February.  Is there any news on when it will be included in Zephyr?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Jurgens

Azure Firmware Overt The Air updates (FOTA) #fota

petrus.vanderwalt@...

Hi, are there any plans to expand the current mqtt_azure sample/library to include FOTA.  I would really like to update my devices from Azure IoT Hub using something like Azure Blob storage.

Thank you in advance

Kind regards,
Jurgens

DPS functionality, direct method and support for X509 certificate support #mqtt

petrus.vanderwalt@...

Hi,  I would like to use the Device Provisioning Service (DPS) along with the mqtt_azure sample/library.  Are there any plans to expand the mqtt_azure sample/library to include DPS?  I am also looking to use the direct method to send simple commands from Azure to my devices, Are there any plans to include this functionality?

Lastly, the current mqtt_azure sample makes use of a SAS token for authentication.  Would it be possible to adapt the example to use X509 certificates?  Does the current MBED TLS library in Zephyr allow the use of a root certificate, device certificate, and device key to authenticate connections to Azure?

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jurgens

Re: C library re-entrancy under Zephyr

Rob Meades

Answering my own question for the benefit of anyone listening who didn’t already know: the answer is that the built-in minimal C library offers some functions re-entrantly and, if you chose to use newlib, memory allocation through malloc() etc. is re-entrant, it’s the other functions (stdio etc.) in the integration with newlib which are not reentrant.

Rob