Date

Using #stm32 HAL_TIM_xyz for counting pulses with timer in external clock mode #stm32

Pauli

Dear all,

I am doing silly motor driver for worm-gear dc-motor with stm32f411e-disco board (and L298). The dc-motor has HAL-sensor for feedback - providing raising/lowering edge for every turn. Now, as the HAL sensor is attached before the worm-gear, so the RPM will be something. To have it handled with ease i was thinking to connect the HAL sensor output to STM32 as external clock input -> i can get the count from the timer register with zero load to processor.

As far as i know (and have tested - it compiles) i can use the HAL_TIM_XYZ functions and they should work -> i can use them to configure timer to be in external clock mode.

But how does one handle the overflow of the timer? In normal STM32 HAL code one would get interupt from this but i have no glue how to do it with Zephyr. I do know i could poll it with very little overhead, but that seems bit brute-force.

Would it be easy to set up interrupt handler for timer overflow? Could somebody point out tips what would be the steps required (or just say its not doable without weeks of work)? What Zephyr source files i should look at? Any change of samples that would even have some similarity?

BR,
Pauli

API meeting: Agenda

This week we will focus on API Changes and GPIO:

- Changing a stable API:

- GPIO: Update on progress
- Look at the PRs with driver conversion (https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/18530)
- Check users of GPIO APIs: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/20017
- Tips for converting users can be found here: https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues/20017#issuecomment-549315497 (thanks Peter!)
- Any additional outstanding PRs to topic-gpio

Different MAC address for nrf52 when using as a controller #bluetooth #nrf52480 #usb #ble

Venkatesh Dyagala

Edited

Hi,

Iam using nrf52840 DK as a BLE controller. So i compiled a hex file and loaded into it. There after when we power on am getting the bdaddr of the device as 00:00:00:00:00:00, But when i check the "bluetootctl show " command its showing the MAC address of the device.

So without modifying the bdaddr i started advertise, The scanned devices seeing the different MAC that is not equal to the address which we seen using bluetoothctl show.

So my question is
--The address which we seen in the bluetoothctl show  is the correct address? or the address which we seen in scanning when the device is advertising that is correct ?

Re: Determining source of GPIO Interrupt on NRF52832 #gpio #nrf52832

bbradley@...

I just realized I responded to you privately by accident, Lawrence. Sorry about that. I will copy the message I sent to you to the group so that the discussion is up to date.

The suggestion regarding testing the gpio with gpio_pin_read is exactly what I am currently doing, and it does indeed work well, but I had the same thought about spurious pulses potentially causing issues here. I haven't observed issues with this yet, but it certainly was a concern of mine.

As for your second suggestion, I have not tried that! My understanding was that calling gpio_pin_configure a second time would (re)configure the gpio, not append additional configurations. So I have been configuring the gpio with interrupt flags which are bitwise OR'd. If the API can in fact allow me to have multiple pin configurations with different callbacks then it should work perfectly. This will require a bit of refactor for my current project, but I can at least test this concept fairly quickly.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will let you know if it works.
Brian

Re: bt_gatt_is_subscribed - any examples?

Lawrence King

Adding devel@... to the email address.