Date

Re: DTLS over CoAP for the Zephyr project

Nikos Karamolegkos

Thank you. I was trying to find an example with CoAP over DTLS (client and server) in the zephyr tree. However, I can not find any tutorial or any discussion about that. Also, in 1.9.2 zephyr docs there is a sample named "CoAP over DTLS sample server" which does not exist in the latest release of zephyr (after 1.13 is gone). Any help on that? I am really confused

TSC meeting agenda for 24 Jul 2019

Here is the agenda for today's meeting:

* Vincent Lacroix from Systerel presentation on the OPC UA protocol
* TSC / Marketing Committee coordination

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/wiki/Zephyr-Committee-and-Working-Group-Meetings#technical-steering-committee-tsc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12p8Q4USdExsP3a8lIdhyqG-4vxb44kisccZ9TvlxWBA/edit#heading=h.x36xe8bnwr9r

API meeting cancelled this week

Due to holidays and celebrations we have had to cancel this week's API meeting.

Next week we will resume holding the meetings as usual.

New default BLE Link Layer

With the merge of PR #15781, the new "split" Link Layer is now the default for BLE-enabled applications. Extensive development and testing effort has gone into this feature, but there might be regressions that have slipped through the testing procedures. Please open issues on GitHub if you come across any issues when testing your applications with it.
You can revert back to using the previous Link Layer by enabling the CONFIG_BT_LL_SW_LEGACY Kconfig option.

Thank you to everybody involved in this feature for making it happen. New features that were not possible to implement with the old architecture will now slowly start coming to the new Link Layer.

Re: BLE Central and peripheral role #bluetooth #ble

nrjn nrjn <nrjnx0@...>

Thank you Alfredo and Vinayak, bluetooth/shell is a perfect reference point.

Re: Trying to perform version exchange procedure #ble

Vinayak Kariappa

Take a look at hci_core.c on how host uses the feature exchange to determine supported Bluetooth features.

Version exchange only helps in identifying a vendor/company and revision of their firmware. And useful to have/handle blacklisting/workaround application behaviors.

I would use HCI command to fetch remote version information. By spec, version exchange to be done only once and to be cached for a peer device. It is best handled by host issuing hci cmd and not have controller do it automatically.

On 18-Jul-2019, at 6:19 PM, Megan Bredes <mbredes@...> wrote:

Well the current goal is to get the version exchange procedure to happen at all, but the end goal is to get it to happen twice so that I can verify that the peripheral that I am talking to responds correctly. I am trying to use zephyr to verify that a peripheral meets a number of bluetooth spec requirements.

Megan

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 7:48 AM Cufi, Carles <Carles.Cufi@...> wrote:

Hi there,

The Version Exchange procedure is a Link Layer one performed automatically by the LL.

What are you trying to achieve exactly?

Carles