Date

Re: flash zephyr build onto atmel board through VM

Yes, many of us use Virtual Machines and flash the boards from inside the VM. You just need to transfer ownership of the USB device to the VM and then install the required drivers inside the VM, in the guest OS.

Carles

From: users@... <users@...> On Behalf Of via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org
Sent: 20 June 2019 12:01
To: users@...
Cc: users@...
Subject: [Zephyr-users] flash zephyr build onto atmel board through VM

Hi,

I setup zephyr in Ubuntu virtual machine on Windows Host.

I wonder if i can flash to my atmel board through virtual machine?

Regards,

Kay Li

flash zephyr build onto atmel board through VM

KAY LI NG <kayli0109@...>

Hi,

I setup zephyr in Ubuntu virtual machine on Windows Host.
I wonder if i can flash to my atmel board through virtual machine?

Regards,
Kay Li

Re: Mesh publish message to proxy node

Venkat Rao Vallapaneni <vallapaneni@...>

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the clarification. I am referring to group address. I missed setting up proxy filtering.

Rgds,
Venkat.

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 at 9:54 PM, Hedberg, Johan <johan.hedberg@...> wrote:
Hi Venkat,

On 17 Jun 2019, at 16.33, Venkat Rao Vallapaneni <vallapaneni@...> wrote:
> I get messages if the destination address is same as proxy node address (like get the status of light message is received on proxy node notification characteristic).
>
> What if the destination address (publish address) is different than proxy node address? Does Zephyr mesh application sends those messages also to proxy notification characteristic? Or does it send messages that are directed to only proxy node?

That depends on what the publish address is. If it’s a group address then any node that subscribes to this address, including the proxy node, will receive it. If it’s a unicast address it needs to belong to one of the elements on the proxy node. I’m not familiar with the implementation of nRF Mesh, however the proxy protocol has a mechanism through which proxy clients (like nRF Mesh) can inform the proxy server of additional group addresses the client is subscribed to. This way the proxy knows to forward messages to the client even though the destination isn’t a unicast address of the client.

Rgds,
Venkat.

Re: Mesh publish message to proxy node

Johan Hedberg

Hi Venkat,

On 17 Jun 2019, at 16.33, Venkat Rao Vallapaneni <vallapaneni@socoptimum.com> wrote:
[...]

Johan

API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi

Agenda:

- New proposal: Video for Zephyr API
- Sensor API: Update on progress
- GPIO: Update on progress

Mesh publish message to proxy node

Venkat Rao Vallapaneni <vallapaneni@...>

Hi,

I am trying Mesh OnOff model sample and it works fine. I have one question though:

I have connected to the provisioned node using nrf mesh app (android mobile that acts as proxy node).

When light state changes on the provisioned node (nrf52 USB dongle in this case), onoff server publishes message to the set publish address. Can I receive this message to my proxy node?

I get messages if the destination address is same as proxy node address (like get the status of light message is received on proxy node notification characteristic).

What if the destination address (publish address) is different than proxy node address? Does Zephyr mesh application sends those messages also to proxy notification characteristic? Or does it send messages that are directed to only proxy node?

Rgds,
Venkat.

Calendar with Real Time Counter on Nrf52840

Rodrigo Peixoto

Hi everyone.

I need to implement some calendar features like alarm mask by weekday, by date, etc. I need to run that with an nrf52840 and I am guessing by using the counter API. I was taking a look and Zephyr does not have any time.h function implemented yet.

Do you have any idea where to find that or any direction to the solution?

Thank you.
Best regards,
Rodrigo Peixoto
Co-founder and Technical advisor

+55 (82) 98144-8585
http://ayna.tech | Skype: rodrigopex

Re: Environment variable value for ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT in Windows 10

Carles Cufi

Hi Sujit,

Sure, no problem. Depending on which machine I run the VM on I use 8 or 16GB of RAMM, 64GB virtual HDD, and 4x or 8x cores. But that will depend on the physical machine you run it on, and it should have no impact on whether things work or not. Remember however to install open-vm-tools and open-vm-tools-desktop in your Ubuntu installation.

I’ve been upgrading my Ubuntu installation using the built-in update software for a couple of years now with no issues at all. Your Zephyr installation will remain untouched when you update, as I said I do this every time Ubuntu releases a new version and I have never had any trouble.

Ubuntu 19.04 is the latest release available, yes.

Carles

From:        "Cufi, Carles" <Carles.Cufi@...>
To:        "Sujit.Phatak@..." <Sujit.Phatak@...>
Cc:        "kumar.gala@..." <kumar.gala@...>, "users@..." <users@...>
Date:        06/13/2019 11:20 AM

Hi Sujit,

I am glad you got Zephyr building on your VM, but I am sorry you did not find the Windows experience satisfactory. I can assure you that in this project we treat Windows as a first-class citizen, but we cannot easily build an SDK for Windows due to the upstream project that we use for the toolchain builds (crosstool-NG) not having (good) support for it. Therefore we are limited to supporting all the tools that are necessary to build Zephyr except for the toolchain itself, which must be offered by a third-party on Windows. I think this would be a good opportunity for you to contact the RISC-V upstream maintainers and ask them to maintain a Windows build of the RISC-V toolchain. If that were the case we would obviously add support for it immediately.
If a Virtual Machine is not a good option for you remember that you also have the alternative of using Windows Subsystem for Linux, which is bundled with Windows 10 and allows the Zephyr SDK to be used.
Regarding the VM setup I am surprised, I use VMWare on Windows 10 just like you with Ubuntu 19.04 with no issues whatsoever, so this must be something specific to your setup.

[...]

From:
"Cufi, Carles" <Carles.Cufi@...>
To:
"kumar.gala@..." <kumar.gala@...>, "Sujit.Phatak@..." <Sujit.Phatak@...>
Cc:
"users@..." <users@...>
Date:
06/13/2019 11:02 AM

Sujit.Phatak@...

Sujit.Phatak@...

From:        "Cufi, Carles" <Carles.Cufi@...>
To:        "kumar.gala@..." <kumar.gala@...>, "Sujit.Phatak@..." <Sujit.Phatak@...>
Cc:        "users@..." <users@...>
Date:        06/13/2019 11:02 AM

From:        "Cufi, Carles" <Carles.Cufi@...>
To:        "kumar.gala@..." <kumar.gala@...>, "Sujit.Phatak@..." <Sujit.Phatak@...>
Cc:        "users@..." <users@...>
Date:        06/13/2019 11:02 AM

Sent: 12 June 2019 21:10
To: Sujit.Phatak@hitachi-automotive.us
Cc: users@lists.zephyrproject.org
Subject: Re: [Zephyr-users] Environment variable value for

On Jun 12, 2019, at 10:30 AM, Sujit.Phatak@hitachi-automotive.us
wrote:

[...]

Kumar Gala

[...]

BLE (peripheral) samples on the CC1352R1_LaunchXL #ble

ivan_azcarate@...

Hello,

has anyone tried successfully any of the BLE samples on the CC1352R1_LaunchXL board?
I have no problem building and lashing them but I can't see any output from the board. I have tried with log messages and printk().
Furthermore the board won't appear on my BLE scan requests and it is also not advertising.

Best,
Ivan

Re: Environment variable value for ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT in Windows 10

Bolivar, Marti

"Cufi, Carles via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org"
<carles.cufi=nordicsemi.no@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:

The problem is that that the SDK is not available for native Windows, so at this point I am not sure that building Zephyr for RISC-V is supported at all on Windows with cmd.exe.
I wonder if there is the equivalent of GNU Arm Embedded for RISC-V: a
toolchain that is ported to native Windows and released regularly.
Whoops, sorry for the noise, missed Carles had already responded.

In the meantime I suggest you use Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) and install the Zephyr SDK there.

Carles

You want "ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT=zephyr". The RISC-V devices all use the SDK toolchains by default.
On 6/10/2019 2:50 PM, Phatak, Sujit wrote:
Hello,

I am new to Zephyr RTOS and currently working on setting up build environment for the HiFive1_revb hardware. I am working on Windows 10 environment and would like to know what value should be set for the environment variable ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT for the HiFive1_revB board. I am currently getting assertion error. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
SP

Re: Environment variable value for ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT in Windows 10

Bolivar, Marti

"Andy Ross via Lists.Zephyrproject.Org"
<andrew.j.ross=intel.com@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:

You want "ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT=zephyr".  The RISC-V devices all use
the SDK toolchains by default.
That won't work on Windows 10; the SDK is Linux only.

On 6/10/2019 2:50 PM, Phatak, Sujit wrote:

Hello,

I am new to Zephyr RTOS and currently working on setting up build
environment for the HiFive1_revb hardware. I am working on Windows 10
^^

environment and would like to know what value should be set for the
environment variable  ZEPHYR_TOOLCHAIN_VARIANT for the HiFive1_revB
board. I am currently getting assertion error. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SP

Upgrade image through mcuboot serial recovery mode

pc_qi@...

Hello,
I trying to upgrade image through mcuboot serial recovery mode, and image has been uploaded successfully.
But image does not work.

Here is debug information:

The image is hello-world sample on mcuboot project.

Image list infomation:

Did I miss something?

Best

Bill

API meeting: Agenda

Carles Cufi

Agenda:

- New proposal: Video for Zephyr API
- New proposal: clock_control extension
- Counter extensions: Update on progress