Topics

What will be status of #BluetoothMesh in #LTS release ? #bluetoothmesh #lts

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hi,

What will be status of #BluetoothMesh in #LTS v.1.12.0 release ?

Will it be released as #Qualified stack ?

As of now, we can't save Provisioning, Configuration & other real time data (eg. message sequence Nos, states of Models etc. etc) on SoC flash. Will it be possible in #LTS release ?

( For that we need something like " https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/pull/6391 " to get merge.

I tried to save above mentioned data using NFFS, but it consumes lots of RAM & I don't know exactly what & when to save on SoC flash.

Plus NFFS is not recommended for SoC which has limited write/erase cycles for its flash.)

How many Models (for eg. Generic, Lighting) will show case under #LTS ?

What will be status of Friend & Low Power Nodes implementation ?

When I tried SMP_Server example along with #MCUboot, to do #DFU_OTA, I found that it depends upon NFFS.
Is that means we have to depends upon #NVS (PR6391) & NFFS both?
Please throw some light about overall implementation for developers if he/she want to add #DFU_OTA feature along with #BluetoothMesh.

How to do #DFU_OTA using Android/iOS smartphones App? (as suggestion)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If something has very little chance to get introduced with #LTS release, then till when it get expected to be part of implementation ?

Thank You in advance !!

On Thu, May 03, 2018, vikrant8051 wrote:
What will be status of #BluetoothMesh in #LTS v.1.12.0 release?

Will it be released as #Qualified stack?
There has been discussion of doing a qualification listing (perhaps two,
one for the core host stack and another for Mesh) for LTS releases under
the name of the Linux Foundation, but as far as I know there's no firm
committment to this yet (e.g. the funding of it). These would be
subsystem qualification listings, so you could combine them together
into a product listing (e.g. the controller qualification that Nordic
did is also a subsystem listing).

That said, both the core host stack (GAP, GATT, SM, L2CAP, etc) and mesh
are periodically run against the PTS, so there shouldn't be any major
surprises if you were to do the qualification process yourself.

As of now, we can't save Provisioning, Configuration & other real time data
(eg. message sequence Nos, states of Models etc. etc) on SoC flash. Will it
be possible in #LTS release ?
If you follow the master branch, you'll have seen that the Bluetooth
stack has transitioned from the bt_storage API to the newly introduced
settings API (ported from MyNewt, where it's called "conf"). Currently
only pairing credentials (LTK, etc) are covered, but I have some patches
for Mesh that I'm hoping to send next week.

How many Models (for eg. Generic, Lighting) will show case under #LTS ?
There's really not much "secret" stuff when it comes to the release,
i.e. something that would only be "revealed" at the last moment (the way
you make it sound). A lot of what you'll get is what you can see already
now in the master branch.

What will be status of Friend & Low Power Nodes implementation ?
Both of those are complete and passing the PTS tests for them.

Johan

vikrant8051 <vikrant8051@...>

Hi Johan,

Awesome, thanks for the info !!