From: devel@... <devel@...> on behalf of Inaki Malerba <inaki@...>
Sent: Monday, 28 May 2018 4:24:44 PM
To: users@...; devel@...
Subject: [Zephyr-devel] Device Tree on separated builds

Hi there !

Is there any way to build the device tree on a different bin than the
kernel?

I have an app that is built on many boards, and I'd like to build the
app only once and the dts for each board.

- ina

Inaki Malerba <inaki@...>

Half performance on build-time, and half because of not having tons of
binaries.

Right now we're using freeRTOS, and doit rules to make 3 firmwares for
each of the 5 boards, each one redundant, and around 5 marks, so about
75 firmwares witch the apps are almost the same.

We're taking zephyr into consideration because of many reasons, and
device tree is one of the biggest one.

On 28/05/18 11:47, Bøe, Sebastian wrote:
I assume this is for build-time performance reasons?
--
- ina