Topics

Fix RAM_CONSOLE buffer address to specific address #driver

mdecandia@...

Hi all,
for a specific design need,
I would like to fix the address of the ram_console buffer in RAM_CONSOLE driver.

Which is the best way (if feasible) to set it?

Thanks,
Michele

Boie, Andrew P

It's just a character buffer.

If you need to pin it to a specific memory address, I imagine you'll have to route it to a special input section that is placed where you want it in memory in the linker script. This will require a little work but shouldn't be too bad.

Andrew

I would like to fix the address of the ram_console buffer in RAM_CONSOLE driver.

Which is the best way (if feasible) to set it?

Thanks,
Michele

mdecandia@...

Hi Andrew,
thank you.

To modify the linker script, I've seen this configuration option

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/reference/kconfig/CONFIG_CUSTOM_SECTIONS_LD.html

Is this the correct way to do it?

Michele