Hardware acceleration using cryptocell engine in #nrf52840 #crypto

Nikos Karamolegkos

Hello, I am going to use mbedtls library in order for sha256 hash calculation and ECDSA verify using nrf52840-dk. I can not find any configuration parameter for hardware acceleration. The device supports the cryptocell 310 engine. Is this enabled/supported by zephyr's mbedtls? If yes, is there any parameter to enable it or disable it?
Also, has anybody idea what is it "better" to use tinycrypt or mbedtls? I already use mbedtls as transport layer security for the LWM2M for this reason I am considering to use it for hashing etc (is already imported).

Carles Cufi

Hi Nikos,

The Cryptocell requires proprietary software that is not part of Zephyr. If you’d like to use the Cryptocell I recommend you take a look at Nordic’s Zephyr-based SDK, the nRF Connect SDK:

https://developer.nordicsemi.com/nRF_Connect_SDK/doc/latest/nrf/index.html