Topics

Chocolatey: vcredist140 and Python3 failed to install

Mohamed Belaroussi <mohamed.belaroussi@...>

Hello,

This is the first time I am posting on this forum asking you guys if you could help me figure out what is causing the installation of vcredist140 and python3 to fail.
Please let me know if this is not the right forum to ask for help.

I installed chocolatey successfully. I then opened a cmd window in administrator mode and ran the following commands.

·        choco feature enable -n allowGlobalConfirmation

·        choco install cmake --installargs 'ADD_CMAKE_TO_PATH=System'

·        choco install ninja gperf python git

The first two completed OK but the third one in red failed with the following errors. Note, I already have Python 3.8.2 installed on my machine at "c:\Program Files\Python3.8.2".

vcredist140 v14.26.28720.3 [Approved]
vcredist140 package files install completed. Performing other installation steps.
Downloading vcredist140-x86
  from 'https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/d60aa805-26e9-47df-b4e3-cd6fcc392333/A06AAC66734A618AB33C1522920654DDFC44FC13CAFAA0F0AB85B199C3D51DC0/VC_redist.x86.exe'
Progress: 100% - Completed download of C:\Users\mohamed.belaroussi\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\vcredist140\14.26.28720.3\VC_redist.x86.exe (13.75 MB).
Download of VC_redist.x86.exe (13.75 MB) completed.
Hashes match.
Installing vcredist140-x86...
vcredist140-x86 has been installed.
Downloading vcredist140-x64 64 bit
  from 'https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/d60aa805-26e9-47df-b4e3-cd6fcc392333/7D7105C52FCD6766BEEE1AE162AA81E278686122C1E44890712326634D0B055E/VC_redist.x64.exe'
Progress: 100% - Completed download of C:\Users\mohamed.belaroussi\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\vcredist140\14.26.28720.3\VC_redist.x64.exe (14.28 MB).
Download of VC_redist.x64.exe (14.28 MB) completed.
Hashes match.
Installing vcredist140-x64...
Chocolatey timed out waiting for the command to finish. The timeout
 specified (or the default value) was '2700' seconds. Perhaps try a
 higher `--execution-timeout`? See `choco -h` for details.

  vcredist140 may be able to be automatically uninstalled.
The install of vcredist140 was NOT successful.
Error while running 'C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\vcredist140\tools\chocolateyInstall.ps1'.
 See log for details.

python3 v3.8.5.20200721 [Approved]
python3 package files install completed. Performing other installation steps.
Installing 64-bit python3...
WARNING: Another installation currently in progress. Try again later.
ERROR: Running ["C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\python3\tools\python-3.8.5-amd64.exe" /quiet InstallAllUsers=1 PrependPath=1 TargetDir="C:\Python38" ] was not successful. Exit code was '1618'. Exit code indicates the following: Another installation currently in progress. Try again later..
The install of python3 was NOT successful.
Error while running 'C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\python3\tools\chocolateyInstall.ps1'.
 See log for details.

python v3.8.5.20200721 [Approved]
python package files install completed. Performing other installation steps.
 The install of python was successful.
  Software install location not explicitly set, could be in package or
  default install location if installer.
Progress: Downloading git.install 2.28.0... 100%
Progress: Downloading git 2.28.0... 100%

Thank you.

Kind regards

Mohamed Belaroussi
Senior Embedded Systems Design Engineer
G4S Monitoring Technologies

3 Centurion Court, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1TP
Tel:     0116 2820184 (internal: 281)

This communication may contain information which is confidential, personal and/or privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any distribution, forwarding, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received it in error please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail. Please then delete the e-mail and any copies of it and do not use or disclose its contents to any person.
Any personal views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender and the company does not endorse or accept responsibility for them. Prior to taking any action based upon this e-mail message, you should seek appropriate confirmation of its authenticity.
This message has been checked for viruses on behalf of the company.

G4S Regional Management (UK&I) Limited, Registered Office: Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QT. Registered in England No. 3189802.

G4S Care and Justice Services (UK) Limited, trading as G4S Central Government Services, Registered in England No. 390328.
G4S Health Services (UK) Limited, Registered in England No. 5121608.
G4S Government and Outsourcing Services (UK) Limited, trading as G4S Outsourcing Services, Registered in England No.3175173.
G4S Facilities Management (UK) Limited, Registered in England No. 3333860.
G4S Investigation Solutions (UK) Limited, Registered in England No. 3749819.
G4S Monitoring Technologies Limited, Registered in England No. 2626613.
G4S Ordnance Management Limited, Registered in England No. 7068855.
G4S Risk Management Limited, Registered in England No. 1540857.
G4S Secure Solutions (Iraq) Limited, Registered in England No.5128617.
G4S Risk Consulting Limited, Registered in England No. 4047630.
The Registered office of all the above companies is Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QT.

G4S Aviation Services (UK) Limited, Registered in England No. 2837136.
G4S Secure Solutions (UK) Limited, Registered in England No. 1046019.
G4S Security Services (UK) Limited, Registered in England No.2380900.
G4S Gurkha Services (UK) Limited, Registered in England No.6304482.
G4S Cash Solutions (UK) Limited, Registered in England No.354883.
G4S Cash Centres (UK) Limited, Registered in England No.1485104.
G4S Bullion Solutions (UK) Limited, Registered in England No.7860383.
The Registered office of all the above companies is Sutton Park House, 15 Carshalton Road, Sutton, Surrey SM1 4LD.

Bolivar, Marti

Hi there and welcome.

"Mohamed Belaroussi via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<mohamed.belaroussi=uk.g4s.com@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:

*Installing vcredist140-x64...*
Chocolatey timed out waiting for the command to finish. The timeout
specified (or the default value) was '2700' seconds. Perhaps try a
higher `--execution-timeout`? See `choco -h` for details.
vcredist140 may be able to be automatically uninstalled.
The install of vcredist140 was NOT successful.
This seems to be a potential cause of the problem and the output
suggests a solution. Did you try looking into this?

Thanks
Martí

Mohamed Belaroussi <mohamed.belaroussi@...>

Hi Marti,

Thank you.
No, I haven't. But what I have done is reboot my machine and when I tried to re-run the same command again it returned a message saying all apps have been successfully installed including the two vcredist140 and python3 that seemingly didn't get installed prior to the reboot.
So, the problem disappeared just by rebooting.

Kind regards
Mohamed