Compiling windbond spi flash driver

Raz <raziebe@...>

Hello
I am fail to compile winbond spi flash driver (SPI_FLASH_W25QXXD)I fail to compile:
I get errors like :
zephyr/include/generated/devicetree_fixups.h:205:32: error: 'DT_ST_STM32_SPI_FIFO_40003C00_BASE_ADDRESS' undeclared here (not in a f

Am I missing a step ?

Kind regards
Raz

Kumar Gala

Is the device described in the devicetree for the board you are building for?

- k

On Mar 24, 2021, at 10:52 AM, Raz <raziebe@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello
I am fail to compile winbond spi flash driver (SPI_FLASH_W25QXXD)I fail to compile:
I get errors like :
zephyr/include/generated/devicetree_fixups.h:205:32: error: 'DT_ST_STM32_SPI_FIFO_40003C00_BASE_ADDRESS' undeclared here (not in a f

Am I missing a step ?

Kind regards
Raz

Kumar Gala

On Mar 24, 2021, at 11:27 AM, Raz <raziebe@gmail.com> wrote:

how do i describe winbond in the device tree ? i have the spi addresses but what about the flash ? is there an example ?

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 5:56 PM Kumar Gala <kumar.gala@...> wrote:
Is the device described in the devicetree for the board you are building for?

- k

> On Mar 24, 2021, at 10:52 AM, Raz <raziebe@...> wrote:
>
> Hello
> I am fail to compile winbond spi flash driver (SPI_FLASH_W25QXXD)I fail to compile:
> I get errors like :
> zephyr/include/generated/devicetree_fixups.h:205:32: error: 'DT_ST_STM32_SPI_FIFO_40003C00_BASE_ADDRESS' undeclared here (not in a f
>
> Am I missing a step ?
>
> Kind regards
> Raz

Bolivar, Marti

Hi Raz,

I'm curious what version of Zephyr you're running. Since your error
message mentions devicetree_fixups.h, it seems it might be on the older
side.

The DT "fixups" feature was deprecated in Zephyr 2.3 when the current
devicetree.h API was first introduced. If you're using that version or
later, you should probably move away from using fixup files.

The build system will warn you about this deprecation if it discovers
any DTS fixup files.

For documentation on the jedec,spi-nor compatible in Kumar's example as
it is used in the current Zephyr tree, see its page in the bindings index:

https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/reference/devicetree/bindings/jedec%2Cspi-nor-spi.html#jedec-spi-nor-spi

If you're using fixup files because you are on Zephyr v1.14 LTS, you
will need to check the binding YAML file in
dts/bindings/mtd/jedec,spi-nor.yaml directly, as the generated bindings
index pages are not available in the LTS docs:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/v1.14.2/dts/bindings/mtd/jedec%2Cspi-nor.yaml

Note the LTS YAML bindings syntax is different than what you'll see v2.x
bindings.

"Kumar Gala via lists.zephyrproject.org"
<kumar.gala=linaro.org@lists.zephyrproject.org> writes:

Here’s an example:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/63ca48a7a9b8e9a85d9c18c5dbaf894968bbc35d/boards/arm/black_f407ve/black_f407ve.dts#L101

- k