mbedtls config file

Vakul Garg <vakul.garg@...>

Hi

I want to create my own mbedtls config file and maintain it as part of my codebase.

The Makefiles in my code are according to zephyr reference manual.

How can I tell the zephyr build system pick up the mbedtls configuration file from a given path in my code base rather than ‘zephyr/ext/lib/crypto/mbedtls/configs’?

Regards

Vakul

Rodriguez, Sergio SF <sergio.sf.rodriguez@...>

On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 11:16 +0000, Vakul Garg wrote:
Hi

I want to create my own mbedtls config file and maintain it as part
of my codebase.
The Makefiles in my code are according to zephyr reference manual.

How can I tell the zephyr build system pick up the mbedtls
configuration file from a given path in my code base rather than
‘zephyr/ext/lib/crypto/mbedtls/configs’?

This can be a local change, see if it works for you, in the file

ext/lib/crypto/mbedtls/Makefile.include

add the path where your configuration files are in the include path

subdir-ccflags-$(CONFIG_MBEDTLS_BUILTIN) += -I/path/myconfig

and use a unique name for your configuration file in your prj.conf

CONFIG_MBEDTLS_CFG_FILE="my-config.h"

let me know if it helps

Regards

Vakul

Vakul Garg <vakul.garg@...>

Hi Sergio

The suggested way would require to change zephyr code. I want to avoid making local changes in vanilla zephyr codebase. So some kind of macro which adds application defined config file path in  ext/lib/crypto/mbedtls/Makefile.inc is what I am searching.

Vakul