options for missing driver functions

Jeff Haynes <feedyurhed@...>

Relatively new Zephyr user here.  We have a custom board with a LIS2DS12 IMU on it.  I've been somewhat ignoring it up to now as it serves a secondary function and we sort of just threw it on there thinking we would get to it later.  Now that I'm ready to tackle it it looks like the built-in functionality in the driver is pretty limited and doesn't cover the wake-up scenarios we need.  What are our options at this point?  Should we add to the existing driver?  Attempt to do everything in the app or "side-load" a driver?  Attempt to include the ST HAL?

Thanks,

Jeff

--
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Erwan Gouriou

Adding Armando as codeowner of this driver.

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 at 17:31, Jeff Haynes <feedyurhed@...> wrote:

[...]

Armando VISCONTI <armando.visconti@...>

Hi Jeff,

I have in plan to improve the lis2ds12 with
following stuff:

1. Adding stmemsc HAL i/f support
2. Support multi-instance
3. Use common i2c/spi routines
4. Move FS and ODR properties from Kconfig to DTS
5. others minor things?

After that I'm not planning to add other features like wake-up.
So, if you want to do this part (after my improvements) I'll
be more than happy to review your work.

How does it sound to you?

Arm

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 at 17:31, Jeff Haynes <feedyurhed@gmail.com <mailto:feedyurhed@gmail.com>> wrote:
[...]

Thanks a lot for the fast response.  That sounds great and I'd be happy to contribute whenever you're ready.  Do you have any idea what you're thinking in terms of timing?

Thanks!

Jeff

--

On 6/30/21 9:26 PM, Jeff Haynes wrote:
Thanks a lot for the fast response.  That sounds great and I'd be happy to contribute whenever you're ready.  Do you have any idea what you're thinking in terms of timing?
Well, I have other non-zephyr related stuff to carry on.
I guess I can start working on it in a couple of weeks from now.

Is this req related to any particular project?

Thanks,
Armando

Jeff Haynes <feedyurhed@...>

Yes, we have production boards for a medical device we’re building.

Thanks,

Jeff