Projects in Zephyr v1.9.0 always rebuild even no changes in source code. How to fix this?

Spider73

Hi,

I realized that the projects on Zephyr v1.9.0 release will always re-build when you type "make" even there is no changes in the source code. This does not happens on v1.8.0 release.

It would be quite annoying during source code development and will waste a lot of time waiting. Is there a way to fix this?

Best Regards,
Spider73

Paul Sokolovsky

Hello Alan,

On Mon, 2 Oct 2017 18:46:08 +0800
Alan Low <alanlhc@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I realized that the projects on Zephyr v1.9.0 release will always
re-build when you type "make" even there is no changes in the source
code. This does not happens on v1.8.0 release.

It would be quite annoying during source code development and will
waste a lot of time waiting. Is there a way to fix this?
I can't reproduce this. So, feel free to provide additional
information, steps to reproduce, etc. Actually, if you would have that
information and "always rebuilds" matter is confirmed, feel free to
open a bug with that info directly:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/issues

Best Regards,
Spider73

Hi Alan,

Is this on Windows using MSYS2?

I realized that the projects on Zephyr v1.9.0 release will always re-build when you type "make" even there is no changes in the source code. This does not happens on v1.8.0 release.

It would be quite annoying during source code development and will waste a lot of time waiting. Is there a way to fix this?

Best Regards,
Spider73

Carles Cufi

Hi Alan,

Sorry I forgot to mention that, in the case of Windows builds on MSYS2, there is already an issue tracking this:

From: Alan Low <alanlhc@...>
Date: Tuesday, 3 October 2017 at 16:56
To: "Cufi, Carles" <Carles.Cufi@...>
Cc: "zephyr-users@..." <zephyr-users@...>