I want to test DTLS in IPv6 over BLE network.
My set up looks as follows:
BLE wifi wifi
1) I compiled the echo_server with:
west build -- -DOVERLAY_CONFIG=overlay-bt.conf
and flashed it on an nrf52832 DK board. The board connects aimlessly with the border router.
2) In another terminal I compiled the echo_client for netive_posix:
west build -b native_posix,
I started the zephyrproject/tools/net-tools/net-setup.sh, and then the native_posix application with:
west build -t run.
3) In another terminal, I started tcpdump listening to the zeht interface. Unfortunately, I cannot see any packets send or received. The console output of the echo_client and echo_servers also does not indicate the something was send or received.
I want to test the sending and receiving of DTLS packets at the nrf52832 board in the three modes:
* Preshared Keys PSK
* Raw Public Keys RPK
I want to secure only UDP over IPv6 (No TCP and no IPv4).
My Questions are:
1) Is the described above procedure correct? I assume something is wrong otherwise I will see some exchanged packets with tcpdump and console output?
2) How to select the DTLS modes PSK/RPK/Certificates?
3) The echo_client and echo_server samples are very complex. Can you point me to a more simple example or describe the procedure for setting up a secured with DTLS UDP communication?
Does zephyr only supports PSK for the DTLS (e.g echo client,
lwm2m client). I haven't seen anything about RPK using ECC.
On 7/20/20 5:48 PM, Stefan Hristozov wrote:
-- Nikos Karamolegkos R & D engineer at ICS-FORTH Telecommunications and Networks Lab (TNL)