Zephyr C++ support #CPP

gianluca torta

Hi all,

I read here:
https://docs.zephyrproject.org/3.0.0/reference/kernel/other/cxx_support.html

that Zephyr supports C++ applications, but that the kernel does not support the new and delete operators, which looks quite restrictive to me (since the standard library itself uses those features)

Here however:
I read that STL is among the C++ "things that work" in Zephyr

I am missing something? My interest is in writing C++ applications over Zephyr, not drivers/kernel modules

thanks in advance!
Gianluca

Stephanos Ioannidis

Hi,

That documentation is outdated and will be updated in the 3.1 release.

Zephyr supports new and delete operators.

Regards,

Stephanos

that Zephyr supports C++ applications, but that the kernel does not support the new and delete operators, which looks quite restrictive to me (since the standard library itself uses those features)

Here however:
I read that STL is among the C++ "things that work" in Zephyr

I am missing something? My interest is in writing C++ applications over Zephyr, not drivers/kernel modules

thanks in advance!
Gianluca

Dave Nadler

Is C++ exception support (reentrancy problems) now fixed?
Thanks!
Best Regards, Dave

--
Dave Nadler, USA East Coast voice (978) 263-0097, drn@..., Skype
 Dave.Nadler1

Stephanos Ioannidis

Hi Dave,

> Is C++ exception support (reentrancy problems) now fixed?

Yes, C++ exceptions should be working for all supported architectures now when using the Zephyr SDK.

Regards,

Stephanos